On the subject of warranties

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I remember a post about this a while back - wasn't there an extended warranty people really liked that was actually through Ford or something?

This goes back when LR was owned by Ford.
My credit union offers extended warranties with pretty good coverage however when you're dealing with a luxury vehicle like the LR they will not offer bumper to bumper warranties.
I got a CPO as well. Peace of mind for an additional $2,000 ;)

costelj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 6yr/100K I'm looking at is being offered by my Land Rover dealer, through a company (with a $100 deductible). This is on a new 2013, not a CPO.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 6yr/100K I'm looking at is being offered by my Land Rover dealer, through a company (with a $100 deductible). This is on a new 2013, not a CPO.
I will have to look at my paperwork, as I remember them giving me a pamphlet on an extended warranty, but he told me I could buy it later. It was on the paper with the paint protection offer, etc. I wonder if it's the same one.

Biagetti

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Regarding the Ford Warranty, it is the Ford ESP Premium Care Warranty. Its a thorough warranty covering most components and trouble areas of the Rovers. Although I purchased for an 06 LR3, I would at least check into costs for your newer 4. So far in 6 months, the warranty has paid over $3600, costing me $200 total in deductibles.
5yr48k for my 06 this year was $5k at a local Ford Dealer in Jacksonville, FL. Folks find that you can get a better deal online at Ziegler Ford.

GermanRoots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone here ever bought a LR CPO warranty for a car they already owned? For example? Could I buy a 6 year / 100k mile warranty for the 2010 LR4 that I currently own that has 42k miles on it?

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone here ever bought a LR CPO warranty for a car they already owned? For example? Could I buy a 6 year / 100k mile warranty for the 2010 LR4 that I currently own that has 42k miles on it?

Most car companies let you (I know BMW does for a fact), but it seems LR does not.

rovernut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most car companies let you (I know BMW does for a fact), but it seems LR does not.

+2 - I know I paid for the CPO inspection on my Audi (which I already owned) and had it extended under CPO warranty...maybe it was my dealer at the time. Strange that LR won't let you do it.

Checking back my mothers RRS is a Ford extended warranty that was offered when vehicle was still under factory warranty.

Hoyas06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know some insurers offer some sort of aftermarket warranty. At the time when I got my 2012, my insurer was GEICO and they asked me if I wanted to include the extended warranty option. I decided not to get it, but you have until the car is a year old or has 15k miles on it. I think it was good until 6 or 7 years and 100k miles. This doesn't necessarily help people with trucks that are a few years old, but is an option for newer LR4s. I forget the pricing, but I'm pretty sure it only covered mechanical faults.

namenda

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The GEICO extended warranty program is call Mechanical Breakdown Insurance (MBI). The policy costs roughly $800/year with $250 deductible.

ougrad1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought a warranty from Ford ESP in January for their platinum care(what ever the name of their highest coverage) for additional 5/50k, pushing me over the 100k mark if I keep it that long. I paid $3600.

Also, I just took my LR4 into the dealer for an oil change yesterday and they mentioned that LR just started a LR branded extended warranty that is worth checking into. I asked how the LR branded warranty compared vs the previous 3rd party warranty offered at my dealership and my sales guy said it was probably comparable and maybe just a few hundred dollars cheaper.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635