Ordered a ProSpeed rack!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stealther

Reaction score
So many rack choices out there but I liked how low profile the ProSpeed offering was. So, now I need to switch my long rails for short ones. Anyone in the SF Bay Area looking to switch to long rails?

I don't see any mounts for shovels from ProSpeed, does anyone know of a generic rack mount that works for various accessories? TIA!

djkronik57

Reaction score
Also curious about where you ordered it from and how much it set you back. I've always drooled over it, but the cost of shipping it over from the UK brought me back to my senses.

LR4TQ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The long rail installation is really straightforward and I think I relied on youtube for installation tips. The Prospeed rack is really well built and I think you will love it. As for the shovel, you may have to fabricate your own bracket but there are plenty of mounting points on the rack to accommodate.

UtahLR4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My issue is that it's just been out of stock on the Pro-Speed website forever now. They are updating products with a new coating called Raptor that's replacing the Line-X option. The sliders just went back into inventory last week and I ordered a set, but need a rack and a few other pieces so was curious to see if someone else was stocking them.

Stealther

Reaction score
I ordered it from Lucky8, they are still on the boat but are taking orders for them. When I spoke to Eric last he had one rack left unsold with the powder coat finish.

The rack was $15xx.xx shipped to California.

Stealther

Reaction score
My issue is that it's just been out of stock on the Pro-Speed website forever now. They are updating products with a new coating called Raptor that's replacing the Line-X option. The sliders just went back into inventory last week and I ordered a set, but need a rack and a few other pieces so was curious to see if someone else was stocking them.

Have you received your sliders yet? What made you decide on those vs the others on the market? I was interested in them but I couldn't see how much the sliders extended under the frame from their photos.

UtahLR4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you received your sliders yet? What made you decide on those vs the others on the market? I was interested in them but I couldn't see how much the sliders extended under the frame from their photos.

No, just ordered last week. I'll post pics once they arrive and I install them.

LR4TQ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Their sliders does not provide additional protection under the frame. It's essentially a direct replacement for the stock side step albeit stronger and lighter.

Here is a quick snap in the parking lot

70E907E6-5D36-46EA-8EA9-FE1F85A0D1A3_zpswdbrzthw.jpg

34508B92-18AD-4386-A882-D1F5F995D056_zps5sabnov3.jpg

Stealther

Reaction score
Thanks LR4TQ it sure looks nice though! Did you happen to weigh them? I'm looking to save weight everywhere I can (looks at gut).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM