Oxygen Sensors?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

M

mmsDisco

The check engine light is on in my '96 Disco (112k). The mechanic showed me two oxygen sensors (before and after each Cat Converter). Do I need to replace all four? Is there a way to find out if one is bad and replace only the faulty item?
Thanks,

D

discomike

At your mileage,
you have to replace them all other wise it is a waist of your time and money, plus at 112K you have lost alot of power to those old O2's.
There are some inexpensive sites to buy the O2's at and install them your self.
Mike J.

Moose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mike, can you post linkies to some sites?

markthecat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Joey,
Which has cheaper parts? Atlantic British or Discount British Parts. I've had very good lick with AB parts and delivery.

Moose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just send an email to Nathan at the site Joey posted, and check the prices against AB. My guess is that Discount British Parts is cheaper...plus he's a good guy and will get things to you quickly!

T

tcosson

I just ordered 4 from britishatlantic for my 99 disco II and they were $72 a piece

T

tcosson

Correction that was britishpacific not britishatlantic

J

JackUnion

Glad you got it sorted out and I agree that to replace all of them makes good sense but just for the record any generic obd II scanner will give you the p code readings and each p code relates to a certain O2 sensor ( like bank one, sensor one etc) so your tech should have been able to tell you exactly which one was faulty. These scanners are becoming so cheap to buy now even private owners are buying them for their own vehicles so most techs should have one.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4