Parking lot protection

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh...good point. I tested my running boards against a Corolla door at ACCESS Height and the door of the Toyota hit the running board. I'm sure that at Normal height most passenger cars and minivans would as well.

...not sure about the sliders, but it sure looks like the same effect.

kingfishgrapeja

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got the 2 dents done with paintless repair for $89 per panel. Not bad. The rear door one was close to the edge so it is not perfect but if I didn''t know it was there before I wouldn't give it a second look. The driver's door is perfect.

I usually do park at offroad height but I sometime can't since my mother has had hip replacement and if my dog is along she is just too big to make the jump. Somethiing else a good set of sliders may come in handy for.

bgsntth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Always park my Rovers and Cayenne at full-offroad height - makes a difference. Kids will build-up their climbing skills.

whydahdvr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll try parking it higher. The only thing is my wife is pretty short and she complains about climbing into my truck as it is. The LR is good for her but she still prefers the lower access height level. So, gotta deal with a midget! :)

EGRIZZLE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The body side molding kit is the best solution for preventing parking lot door dings. Sliders are nice, but are probably overkill for what you have described.

00006020f.jpg

Can this molding be removed without leaving notice if it comes installed factory?

kingfishgrapeja

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What are sliders?

bars that are designed for sill protection (the part of the body under the doors) mainly. They run under the doors and some stick out away from the body to allow for extra protection from rocks, stumps, etc on both side and the bottom impacts.

Similar to nerf bars.

waltzonice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
bars that are designed for sill protection (the part of the body under the doors) mainly. They run under the doors and some stick out away from the body to allow for extra protection from rocks, stumps, etc on both side and the bottom impacts.

Similar to nerf bars.
I just got a new LR4 and I do plan to go off-roading. Which sliders should I get that would offer protection off-roading, as well as in the parking lot?

kingfishgrapeja

Full Access Member
Reaction score
rover specialties is the general consensus as far as I have read but they are also pricey. They are the only ones I've seen that actually extend under the vehicle as well as off to the side.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carbonlink