Passenger door panel removal??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

benbennett

Reaction score
Does anyone have the removal procedure to the door panel removal? I cannot get my inside door handle reconnected and need to remove the door panel.

kwlr3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1. Look up at the grab handle from the bottom of the door and you will see two slots, stick a small screw driver up there and push back the tabs while gently sliding the handle upward. The split line is clearly visible
2. Remove the four screws now visible in the other half of the handle. Pop off the little black cap in the door release lever nacelle and remove one screw. Pop off the "Land Rover" logo and remove one screw. Remove one screw at each end of the door pocket
3. Starting at the bottom "pop' the 12 or so clips that hold the door card to the door frame. A firm pop gets the first one started the rest follow easily.
4. The panel is still attached to the door with the door release cable and the wiring to windows, locks and lights. Pop open the little "door" on the latch to release the cable, disconnect the wiring hanesses, a small screw driver can be helpful with pressing the release clips on the connectors.
5. Reverse the process to reinstall. Make sure you line up each of the little clips, it's easy to miss one, crush it and than not have a secure door panel. I carry in my center console a collection of the various little plastic and metal clips with which the LR3 is assembled. If you are a long term owner, its a good idea to start your own collection.

If your door latch is not working, you may have a broken latch. This was a common problem with drivers side doors on the '05's and maybe into '06. I have another post on here that explains how to replace the latch.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM