Playing a CD with MP3s - Does not show all songs...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

deanz

I recenlty burned a disk with songs off my iTunes and the LR3 only shows about 1/3 of all the songs on the disk (looks like the last 30% of all the songs on the disk). Is this a limitation of the car's electronics or have I done something wrong on the CD burning end?

Moose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Filename does not necessarily equal ID3 tag -- is not having ID3 (ID4?) tage that is the problem?

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've never had a problem playing any MP3 content... all self ripped from my CDs.. Remember, it only plays MP3 files... not AAC, WMA, etc.

The system doesn't use or display ID3v2 tags for MP3 files... heck, it doesn't even display file names!

Just figure out what's different about the files that are not playing. Use the < > keys on the head unit to flip between the folders on the CD, assuming you've used folders.

D

deanz

Thanks - good idea...

I will try to isolate the precise difference between what I see on my computer screen (MP3 files on the disc) vs. what's on the LR3 radio display.

S

shod

Mine wont play anything that is not encoded with a standard bit rate so 128 or 196 works but variable does not...

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All my MP3 files are personally encoded using LAME MP3 VBR. Works fine.

D

deanz

Encoding?

Gormmet: I'm not sure what personal encoding means and how that might affect the reading of my disks? Can you clarify? Thanks.

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since I ripped the content personally, I know what encoder I used (LAME for variable bitrate MP3) and I know there hasn't been any corruption introduced. That's all I meant.

(FYI: I'd avoid iTunes' MP3 encoder at all costs... it's not very good and hasn't been updated in years.)

D

deanz

Thanks Grommet...

Since my whole library of music is now in iTunes, what options do I have to get them out of the apple format and into MP3 format?

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
deanz said:
Since my whole library of music is now in iTunes, what options do I have to get them out of the apple format and into MP3 format?

I think ilounge.com is a better place to ask this question.

Either way, i use iTunes as well but all my music is in MP3 format. ?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM