Potential LR3 Owner w/ a few Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

H

hummer28

Hello All,

I'm looking to purchase an LR3 by months end. I'm looking to do a 2 1/2 month lease. The X-Plan (employee discount) price I was given was 46.7K. This is for a 2006 SE V8 (Zermat Silver) with Cold Climate pack and Lighting Package. I know some of you got some incredible deals, but I wanted to get your thoughts on the price. I really need a 3rd row of seats, but being in that this is my first time dealing with Land Rover I wanted to get some pointers. Would it be too unrealistic to think they could give me a 3rd row at that price even though it's an 06? Thanks!

Lewis
Future LR3 Owner :)

L

lr3junkie

2 1/2 month lease. Wow, you must really like to switch out your vehicle frequently:)

I think that price is high given you are getting an employee discount.

I just picked up a brand new '05 SE with NAV, Climate, Heavy Duty and Lighting for under 44. I too got the "employee price" due to a relative at the dealership.

Push for more.

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
By the way, "X-plan" pricing -- if they honor it -- is a fixed price and will be the same at any dealer. It is not negotiable. They can, of course, offer you a lower price... but then you wouldn't be buying under Ford X-Plan.

Echoes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The X plan is tough. I have it at my work as well, but didn't use it.

I went to 3 Rover dealers and had them fight over me. I was also able to get more options that way as well

J

jackmac

X-Plan discussions may work well as negotiation leverage during the sale. While you may or may not get it, you can at least let them know that the Volvo dealer down the street would be more than happy to give it to you on an XC90 V8!

H

hummer28

Hello All,

I'm still in the process of trying to become an LR3 owner. Right now I'm looking at a 2006 SE7 (Zermat Silver) with Nav, Lighting, Sirius, Cooler Box, Rearseat, and PTI. The current deal on the table is $51,480. I'm looking at a 30 month lease with a 66% L.E.V.,money factor of .00236, and a Residual value of $35,838 after 30-months. I feel as if I can get them to do better on the price by $500, but they indicated today that I'm getting a better deal than 99% of LR3 owners which I doubt. I would love to hear some of your thoughts. Sorry to be such a pest, but I want to be sure I'm getting a great deal. My 03 Navigator was put in for service at a Lincoln dealership and stolen (from the dealership bodyshop). It's been recovered and is being repaired at the same dealership. They're trying to make me a great deal on another Navi, but I want the LR3. What to do .... What to do .........

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
See what the Edmunds "TMV" price is for your area: http://www.edmunds.com/new/2006/landrover/lr3/index.html

Though I don't think they show Sirius yet, since it's too new. Add $400 to the price.

Prices/demand vary greatly depending on where you live; in the last 3 months, prices have started to slip down, at least here. Supply is catching up to demand, and the RRS is helping.

Last edited by a moderator:
J

javert

Land Rover had a a very good 24 month deal last month -- 75% residual.

Cap Cost was 48099 on a V8 SE with Cold Climate - Lighting - Nav & PTI
MSRP was 50950. (3rd row not necessary for my dogs)

I had one dealer on the phone while I negotiated with the other. It got him to agree to my sub $600 monthly payment. The dealer on the phone couldn't match it, so it seemed like the right price.

R

rheudabaga

javert said:
Land Rover had a a very good 24 month deal last month -- 75% residual.

I was just quoted $899 a month/39 months on an HSE...around 54k. This is assuming I pay all the taxes upfront. That seems like a horrible deal...what sort of residual/money factor do you think he's using. Even if i assume .004 MF and 40% residual I can't get the payment that high.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99