Potential LR3 Owner w/ a few Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

H

hummer28

Hello all,

I've put down a deposit on the SE7 I referenced in the above post. I'm now waiting for my Navigator to be completed (being repaired after being stolen from dealership). I'm supposed to take delivery of the LR3 on March 30, 2006. However, I may not be able to get my Navi sold to CarMax or the dealership it's at now by the 30th. My Land Rover salesman indicated that it is imperative that I take delivery by the 30th as the new rates and programs are being rolled out in the 2nd quarter. Has anyone heard of such a thing. Relaistically, if I needed an extra week would the deal have to be reworked and could the prices increase? It is through Land Rover Capital Group so I couldn't imagine they wouldn't honor the pricing given no more than two weeks ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
R

roverall

hummer28 said:
Hello all,

I've put down a deposit on the SE7 I referenced in the above post. I'm now waiting for my Navigator to be completed (being repaired after being stolen from dealership). I'm supposed to take delivery of the LR3 on March 30, 2006. However, I may not be able to get my Navi sold to CarMax or the dealership it's at now by the 30th. My Land Rover salesman indicated that it is imperative that I take delivery by the 30th as the new rates and programs are being rolled out in the 2nd quarter. Has anyone heard of such a thing. Relaistically, if I needed an extra week would the deal have to be reworked and could the prices increase? It is through Land Rover Capital Group so I couldn't imagine they wouldn't honor the pricing given no more than two weeks ago.

The 30th is the last day of the month, and the sales guy wants his bonus for that month. Same thing happened to me. The dealershio that I bought my LR3 through even wanted me to pay for the car before the 30th even though I would'nt take delivery until the next week. Play hard ball with them and talk to the finance guy at the dealership. Your sales guy is a putz.

H

hummer28

I took delivery of my '06 Zermatt LR3 SE7 on April 1, 2006. I'm loving every minute of it. I currently have 500 miles on it. The only problem I've experienced so far are the squeaky brakes talked about in some of the other topics. Yes, they did in fact squeak as I was leaving the dealership. This happened to me on a 2003 Navi years ago so I thought nothing of it. The PTI works great with Treo 650 in case anyone needed a compatible phone reccomendation. The Sirius satellite radio also works like a charm. I was actaully able to dial the Sirius 1-800 number from the headunit display in the car and get it activated using PTI. The car is a bit more sluggish than my Navi, but is also much quieter and better on the road. Hopefully I won't exprience some of the problems that many other owners have, but after owning a Lincoln Navigator that was in the shop monthly I'm ready for anything! I appreciate all the advice given and look forward to participating more actively in this forum!

Lewis
Finally a Proud LR3 Owner

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome!

Signed,

A jealous '05 owner who wished he had PTI! :)

M

Matt_Grim2

Yes welcome to the board, Great buy...

Wish I had the Sirius, Bought mine in December so I just missed the Sirius...

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
toddjb122, go ahead and add the overpriced PTI kit... via Bluetooth, it isn't much different than the factory kit... other than the keypad not working. :smile:

H

hummer28

Hello All,

I'm still enjoying the LR3. Up to this point I've had a good experience. However, I have had a couple of minor set backs. As I mentioned before the brakes continue to squeek. I'm putting it in the shop to have that looked at as well as a popping I here in the steering column typically right as I start the vehicle. I also have a nail in my tire which I had Tires Plus look at. They indicated that Georgia has passed some kind of requirement that nails that are within the sidewall and the first set of tread indentation (deep grooves) must be replaced. It's not near the sidewall, but not beyond the first deep tread track. I found that the warranty papers included in my package didn't cover a puncture. It sucks because I just hit the 1000 mile marker today and I'm already out of $300+. I just wanted to provide an update and put my experiences out there for those owners and potential owners. It really is a phenomenal vehicle. I bought the LR3 to not draw attention to my vehicle, but my subdued interpretation was clearly off. You'd think that Aishwarya Rai was roller skating on the interstate with all the heads that turn!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99