Pricing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Slow Lame

Reaction score
I drove the LR3 today with my wife and we like it, going to check out some different colors on Monday at a sister dealer location. Question is price, looking for a fair deal like anyone else would. Edmunds seems to indicate a $2k or so discount from MSRP, for an HSE with climate package this is about $2500 over invoice which seems reasonable given the limited supply and selection. The dealers here add Lo Jack for $700 which I don't want or care to pay for. Maybe able to find one without but not sure - what is this worth, $200?

Finally, are we getting to that point in the year where '11s should be further discounted - it doesn't look like they will receive many more 2011 units so I suspect pressure to discount is minimal as supply is very limited here (unless you want white Lux).

Any thoughts welcomed as I would like to wrap this deal up before the end of next week and would like to feel confident in my pricing knowledge.

Slow Lame

Reaction score
I have read through previous posts which seem to indicate a range of $5k discount from MSRP on a Lux to some dealers holding the line at MSRP. Any help would be appreciated in order to make this a smooth process.

Hoyas06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A newbie here as well looking to purchase in the next few weeks. Living in Philly, I have about 10 dealerships within 2 hrs drive. Interested in Black or Baltic Blue, with less supply of the blue.

I guess my real question is, has anyone had much success with trying to play dealers off of one another? Also, I know buying cars from local dealers online has become popular with the Fords, GMs, Toyotas of the world, but has anyone gone through that process with Land Rover? Any thoughts are much appreciated and looking forward to being an LR4 owner in the near future.

uhur

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A newbie here as well looking to purchase in the next few weeks. Living in Philly, I have about 10 dealerships within 2 hrs drive. Interested in Black or Baltic Blue, with less supply of the blue.

I guess my real question is, has anyone had much success with trying to play dealers off of one another? Also, I know buying cars from local dealers online has become popular with the Fords, GMs, Toyotas of the world, but has anyone gone through that process with Land Rover? Any thoughts are much appreciated and looking forward to being an LR4 owner in the near future.

check out www.truecar.com

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Cherry Hill Land Rover is great - my Mother purchases her's there and they've always been supber.

gfcronus

Banned
Reaction score
You're buying a $55,000 - $60,000 vehicle. Why are you worried about a couple of thousand dollars here or there?

Hoyas06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
gfcronus - I may be a new poster to the board, but I have been reading your idiotic/useless comments for sometime and that last one was spoken like a true *****. Either that or you are rolling in cash and a few thousand doesn't matter to you - which must be nice, but to most people in the world a few thousand is still a few thousand and I would rather it be in my pocket than another's.

Slow Lame

Reaction score
Its called "price discovery"

GF Conus - When a company or a person tackels a major purchase they seek intelligence on the market value of the product or service, this is what I am doing. As others have pointed out no one likes to give their money away and most are satisfied with a market price deal. This is the information I am seeking, why do you think there is so much chatter on the web generally about car prices? Its because the industry deliberately obfuscates the price discovery process.

This pattern is changing rapidly, I am cross shopping a BMW X5 d and Costco came back in an hour with a firm price - unfortunately LR does not participate.

Your response does you no credit and one is left wondering why you bothered to write such drivel.

waltzonice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This pattern is changing rapidly, I am cross shopping a BMW X5 d and Costco came back in an hour with a firm price - unfortunately LR does not participate.
Actually, when I was shopping last year, Costco did participate -- just not the dealers in my area. They were able to give me a couple of dealers in another state and I did contact them. One never did reply, the other one gave me a decent Costco price. In the end, I decided I wanted to custom order and did so with a local dealer. Probably didn't get the best deal, but then again I'm not he best negotiator.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
helge