Rausch Creek,PA : Trail Recommendations for the LR3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChesapeakeRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Heading up to Rausch Creek on this saturday with a buddy of mine.

Has anyone been to there with their rig? (I know morrisdl has) If so, have any favorite trails that i should be running?

P.S.
I'm running 32" Cooper STTs, the rod mod, have the GNVP sump guard and compressor plate for amour and have the HD package so I am ready for some fun :biggrin:

My buddy has a 3" lifted Wrangler Unlimited (JK) on 35"s but *no* lockers.

Thanks in advance, I hopefully will get some good pics to post up here :cool:

Last edited:

morrisdl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh, you are going to have a blast. In 6 hours, you can hit all the greens and blue trails. I had no troubles on any of them, but used my sliders in some of the tricky sections (like the pic you linked to). The jeeps cruz though some of it just because of the short wheel base, but you should have no problem keeping up a very respectable pace. I was there with a 2 jeep rubicons, one like you describe and the other more modern and stock (but lockers and disconnecting swaybars). I had more ground clearance than both of them with rod mod help.

I would really like to get back there with some other LR's let me know if you ever hear of a gathering. Thanks!

ChesapeakeRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks a lot, I was actually planning on just hitting the greens with him, but since you said blues I'm going for it. How much did you need your sliders? I have a plate over the compressor but nothing over the tank or sills on either side.

Also, which section of the park did you go to? West, South or East property?

JackMac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd be up for a trip on the green trails in the fall (still running stock). Just need more advanced notice to hold the date.

morrisdl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
East, West, and South - Lots of greens and lots of fun. The blues can vary from "how is this different from green?" to "Can you give me a spot here?". The blues just require patience, some nerve, and underarmor in places. I saw a few H2/H3's make u-turns in a couple spots.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hummers making U-turns like pussin' out? ...or 3-point turns 'cause they're too F'ing big?

JohnKel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ChesapeakeRover

Have a great time and post some pics please....sounds like more fun than OC ,but I'll take what I can ;-)

Morrisdl any time you want I'll bet we can get a few LR3's to meet up.... I've wanted to go for quite a while... just no one to go with........how about this fall ! Any one else ? lets do it.

No sense all those West coast guys having ALL the fun LOL

John in NE Ohio

ChesapeakeRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will do John. Getting up early tomorrow for the trip so we make sure we get off the trails with plenty of daylight.

ChesapeakeRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, so hit the trails today. Did every green and a couple blues... Was a total blast, my buddy with the jeep was totally pussn' out on a couple of trails/hill climbs even though he's got several inches of ground clearance on me as well as steel bumpers. Anyway the LR3 kicked ass, and was one of 4 Rovers at the Park that day (2 D90s,Disco1 and me). That place is Jeep central:

SeaofJeeps_289740.jpg

As we we're driving up the pole line through at least a hundred jeeps, I got the nastiest stares I think i've ever gotten. It was the most blatant form of brand rivalry i've ever seen. One guy (oh this was great) was standing next a jeep talking to another jeeper when my buddy (in his JK) pulled up and asked if he thought we could fit through the sea of jeeps that had formed for a lunch break. He talked for a moment with my buddy, then said to his toddler son: "Now michael, thats a Land Rover, watch your tongue." At this point his wife chimed in and said of Rick stop it... he responded to her "ITS LUXURY!!!" and then promptly followed by asking me in a demeaning tone if my A/C was on... I told him no. Then he shut up for a while, then as we passed him on the way up the line, he told me "Don't hurt yourself now, this is a green"... Gotta love it haha... Anyway here's some pics of the day:

HillClimbnearlakeChristy.jpg

^I got hung up on the top of this guy, stopped for a bit for a picture... and without the momentum i was just chilling there on my frame and compressor tank(which is now slightly bent) but I got my buddy to tug me down with the strap... he wasn't ballsy enough to try that hill haha

Couple More:

Breakover.jpg

departure.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Staff online

• joey
    Custom Rover Accessories

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members