Rear Suspension Not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tonysrover

Reaction score
On my 2000 Rover, tthe rear suspension is loosing it's pressure. The air lift is low on pressure. Could it be a broken line? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Could be a few things, from a bad connection to a bad air bag to a bad controller... but no matter what it is, if you don't fix it soon, it will cause the pump to go out.

TRD4ME

Reaction score
Check for cracks in the airsprings. A solution of soapy water in a spray bottle is the easiest way.

tonysrover

Reaction score
Pump and Motor

Thanks guys, do you know where the pump and controller are located? I will look for leaks with soap, but how do I get the pressure in the system that I need to check for leaks? A friend told me about a kit that replaces the existing suspension. How much is this true? I just got the Rover and this problem popped up within a week. :mad: Your input is much appreciated. Tony.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, you can replace the air suspension with springs probably cheaper than a new pump, but if it is just a bad air bag or a leaking line....

TRD4ME

Reaction score
I have a 95 classic that I replaced the air suspension with Old Man Emu coilsrpings. Not becuase of problems, but to avoid them in the future. Four springs under $400 and the install is very easy. My offroad driving can be described as very agressive, and so far the coilsprings have outperformed the stock air suspension. Something to look into if longevity is a concern of yours.

tonysrover

Reaction score
I live in Oregon, where is the best place to buy this coil spring kit? It looks like I will be going this way, I can't afford any more problems.:proud:

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Atlantic British is always a good place to start.

tonysrover

Reaction score
Thanks again Joey. The spring install will begin soon I will post when it get done.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM