Rear tire carrier LR4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For me, I work as a contractor in the Middle East. I need something all-in-one and ready to install like the Kaymar. I simply do not trust any shops to do any kind of fabrication work on my truck. Even the local Land Rover dealer refuses to fit anything non-LR. Hell, the last time I went there they said they would only install parts bought from their shop (at twice the price anywhere else). Even if I ordered genuine LR parts from the web, they refuse to install it.

It is what it is.

ivan gonzalez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since I didn't like how any of the other swing aways look that's why I decided to go custom. I love how the truck looks. Mangel pass, Death Valley.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1416843797829.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1416843797829.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 50

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like a cool drive, Ivan. Menzel Pass looks like pretty serious stuff. How was the drive?

ivan gonzalez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It was to large of a group to finish, we had issues with 2 rovers and couldnt finish. Had fun will go back and get it done

Ryby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone on this forum installed a Voyager tire carrier? I was considering ordering one but was curious why I hadn't seen or heard any talk about these here.

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I inquired about it and asked for installation instructions and the mess they sent me didn't leave a warm fuzzy. I was also disappointed in my experience with Voyager when I ordered my slider / side steps. Functionally, they are fantastic, but they shipped them in what amounted to a plastic garbage bag. With each one weighing in around 60lb, the bags were shredded and they were gouged and scratched to death. I had to have them re-powder coated. The mounting bolts were also lost in the shipment.

During the whole process, they were not the most communicative. I never received the mounting hardware, despite being promised in writing. I gave up and sourced my own.

*Edit* Here's what the slider looked like on arrival:

Attachments

• 20131216_153411.jpg
    20131216_153411.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:

Ryby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh really? Concerning to hear that. I have sent them a deposit for a roof rack that I was designing with them. Kinda worried about that now.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone on this forum installed a Voyager tire carrier? I was considering ordering one but was curious why I hadn't seen or heard any talk about these here.
I do not have direct experience, but I know 2 people (not on this forum) who had one of their LR3 and LR4. Both of them actually had to upgrade the latching mechanism because it was not very strong. In fact, the guy with the LR4 actually had the tire swing away open up on the highway. This is why I am building my own and it will be pretty crazy strong.

I actually had ladder and roof rack on my 2011 LR4 and it was a decent roof rack. I liked the look of it and function, but I did not care for dealing with them at all. I don't think you will have any problems with your roof rack. As for sliders, think about your use and if you need the added protection of the Tactical 4x4 sliders.

Good luck!

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since I didn't like how any of the other swing aways look that's why I decided to go custom. I love how the truck looks. Mangel pass, Death Valley.
Looks great!

I may be doing my Kaymar bumper and swing away (building my own) on Friday - not sure. Still waiting for some swing-away parts.

ivan gonzalez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm very happy with mine. And you just can't beat how it looks

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1417025377594.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1417025377594.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 30

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads