Reconnect the Bass...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sine mora

Reaction score
Have had the 2000 Disco II for a little over a year now and I love it.

Today, whilst replacing the bulb in the "third" headlight, I went exploring to see what was behind that metal screen in the rear door. Holy cow there's speakers in there!!

I've noticed signs that the previous owner had an aftermarket system and I'm assuming he/she didn't bother re-connecting the oem Bass speakers and/or amp when they re-installed the oem (harmon kardon) stereo.

SO, I'm hoping this will be as simple as just re-connecting a wire or three...

I'm looking for pointers as to where I should start my search for the disconnected wire(s). Everything behind the rear speakers looks to be untouched.

Should I be looking to pull the main stereo head or is there somewhere else I should start? If I"m going to pull the head, I'll need a tool, advice on where to purchase for a fair price?

Thanks in advance!!

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't know what to tell you since your system is now an after market . Do you have any bass speakers anywhere else in the truck? I would suggest you stop by a radio shop like at Best Buy and let their guys in the shop look at it.

Maddie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From your post it sounds to me like they took the aftermarket out and reinstalled the original. My 95 amp is under the passenger seat. I have had my back door apart can't remember if the woofer amp is in the speaker cabinet or is part of the amp under the seat. Seems like a stealership would know.

GreyMatter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i wouldnt take my jetta to best buy...go to a reputable shop...not a hack shop.

especially with a Land Rover, you need to goto a shop that specializes in high end vehicles

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9