Red Battery light came on today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Randall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
anyone know what this might be? i'm taking it in tomorrow but i was wondering if this had happened to any of y'all.

Thanks
Noah

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What do you think it might mean, Red light on for the charging system,HUM!! Do you have your owners manual, if so you should read it cover to cover.
You have either dirty battery cables, a failing battery and or alternator.
Don't go to the dealer, find a local auto parts store where they will check the system for free. If it is a battery, for your truck, buy the best battery they offer to handle your vehicles requirements.

Randall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i know it has to do with the electrical system i read the manual but i was wondering if there was a known problem.

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It means that since you haven't done anything about it in a couple of days, your truck may not start tomorrow.
When are you going to get it checked for free as I suggested?

Randall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i haven't yet i've been in south carolina but will when i get back. thanks for the advice.

MikeLi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Start the LR up take a multi meter and see what the voltage is at the battery. It should be above 13 volts. If it's above 13 volts put on eletrical load lights and ac on full blast. Voltage should be above 13 volts. If any voltage is under 13 volts the alternator is going bad.

BazLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How many members have installed Optima batteries? Will they mess up the "delicate" Land Rover electrics. . . . just asking being new here and all :albertein

Trynian

Reaction score
How many members have installed Optima batteries? Will they mess up the "delicate" Land Rover electrics. . . . just asking being new here and all :albertein

I think I recall that there are better options then an optima for the LR3.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo