Rooftop Cargo Bag

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iSurfvilano

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking for suggestions on a rooftop cargo bag. Looking at the thule interstate but they have bad reviews. Any suggestions? I don't want the hard box...just the soft cargo bag. thank you in advance.

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a Kanga Typhoon Roof Pouch that I got probably 30 years ago. Nothing fancy, but the zipper is heavy duty, it is angled slightly sloping toward the front for aerodynamics, and the material is definitely waterproof and watertight. However on an LR4 it would definitely require a full rack and not just crossbars. It has a folding "floor" that gives the base some rigidity but it would sag in the middle if only on 2 contact points. I used it on vehicles that didn't have a sunroof (back when I lived like a savage).

I didn't see it on Amazon but did see a Kanga Hurricane that looked very similar and is probably an upgrade.

Last edited:

Fuji4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use multiple north face base camp duffels and pelican cases if i need to throw stuff up there. I also have a thule sonic XL. It's a tradeoff for me between the space and offroad ability of the full rack and the increase in wind noise over the sonic and it's thule load bars. But if i am carrying six or seven when camping i have to use the full roof rack.

RIffle02

Reaction score
I know this is an old thread but would the sunroof crack under the load of a roof bag?

Fuji4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know this is an old thread but would the sunroof crack under the load of a roof bag?
Not likely. My 7 year old walks on it. Bag is too spread out to crack it. Unless you are carrying anvils or something.

RIffle02

Reaction score
Fuji4
Not likely. My 7 year old walks on it. Bag is too spread out to crack it. Unless you are carrying anvils or something.

Thanks for the input. That is good info. Getting ready to go on a road trip and wasn't sure.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM