Should you hear any air release when you turn the truck off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PicnSav

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What year are your LR3s? My vehicle self levels with the doors open, has done this from day 1. Other owners reported the same, but perhaps it is a 2005 thing.

To clarify, you cannot use the manual ride height control with a door open. The interlock prevents that. But I definately self level with doors or tailgate open after turning off the vehicle, which sometimes is a very unwelcome suprise as you can imagine.

Can anyone else confirm?

Mine is the same and I have an '06 HSE.

drzjoint

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 05 self levels witht he door open I about chopped my head off in the wheel well wen changing my height sensor rods the first time. I out it in off road mode and stuck my head in while reaching around( yes I know better but was in a ram, I always have to take a crap when I get in the shop about 100yds from the house). scared the **** out of me. I use a jack n sands now :)

zulu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 05 HSE will woosh when my doors are close.. for what it is worth..

dantheman1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2005 SE and it will only self level when the doors are shut after I turn the engine off. It happens immediately after the last door closes. Friends say it just likes to "release some gas" every once in while. Can't tell you how quickly those fart jokes get old.

JackMac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback, I am checking with the dealer. For those who state it only happens with the door closed (self leveling after turning off the ingnition), please try an experiment for me. The next time park the truck this weekend, open a back door and wait about 2 minutes to see of it auto-levels. Would appreciate it.

p.s Dan - I disagree. Fart jokes never get old, we just slowly turn into old farts!

yrbender

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Strange thing is my 06 RR never does that. I do keep some rolaids in the glove box though.

JackMac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I contacted the dealership and verified this is normal operation. Updated post #2 in this thread with response from field engineer.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72