Showoff Your LR4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blueaz

Reaction score
Those are good looking wheels. I like them better than my Compomotives.

powershift

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The LR4 is amazing off-road. I finally took it out of the city after buying it in July and doing a lot of work to it to address known issues. I appreciate everyone's help here because I couldn't have done it without the community.
I found a dirt bike trail to take it on with a full load of gear. All my overland stuff was packed in there with everything from a 100 pound tent to computer gear. On the freeway I had to give it a lot more throttle to maintain speed, yet if I held the throttle down it had plenty of power to pass and my god this thing is a beast! It drives with a small footprint and it was easy to navigate through the bush although I needed to hack quite a few down and eventually came to the point where the effort to bushwhack wasn't worth the expense lol.

The first hill is hard to hike up on foot because its loose rock (and hard to see from the pic) and I switched DSC off, dropped down to first in Sport mode and it went up without any slip at all, way more than enough power and both center and rear diff went fully locked. I love the LR4 so very much. I can't wait for a need to drop down to 4LO. Watching the dynamic differential locking on the screen is a lot of fun. The ground clearance is awesome too. I was able to flip a u-turn with deep ruts and never lose traction or bottom out. It was a lot of fun coming from a car.

The air suspension adds a massive feature in comfort and capability. I had a whole lot of weight back there with 15 gal of fuel, 18 gal of water and the ass end never sagged. Ever. I noticed that the compressor ran a lot more while in lifted mode so I put it in normal height after finishing the offroad adventure so that I don't wear it out.
I'm also noticing the battery drain at my campsite and at 12.2V or so I started the engine since I'm not sure how many volts it needs as a minimum to start. I tried the Battery Tender Jr and it didn't do much. I'm realizing 800a is more like 12hr or overnight requirement where I want to keep the charge topped in as much time as like what starting the engine does, but I don't want to run the engine every day.

KJPEWDT.jpg

gb0m930.jpg

6LMpua6.jpg

Last edited:

Androomantoo

Reaction score
Recently did some minimum maintenance road recon out in west-central KS. The LR4 was shockingly smooth at speed on these washboarded and rutted roads.

Attachments

• IMG_4230.jpeg
    IMG_4230.jpeg
    129.2 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_4225.jpeg
    IMG_4225.jpeg
    139.9 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_4218.jpeg
    IMG_4218.jpeg
    182.1 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_4215.jpeg
    IMG_4215.jpeg
    155.8 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_4214.jpeg
    IMG_4214.jpeg
    115.4 KB · Views: 45

powershift

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The weather forecast was for an atmospheric river to arrive yesterday and once the rain clouds started rolling in at 9 AM I had this burning desire go off-roading and explore the desert in the rain lol. Probably not the best idea since there is flash flooding here that can be strong and serious. What happened was it started sprinkling and then the rain died off after 1/2hr. The rain storm actually came 2 hours after I got back lol.

The first pic is misleading because there is no depth perception. That hill is the exit out of a dry river bottom and the ramp out consists of sand with thorn bushes on each side. I wanted to take it in 4hi because I didn't think I needed 4lo for it. The exit required two turn in points to get through and at each point I had to stop at to get as close as possible to the bush, then turn left and another turn-in point to the right to prevent scratches. The lockers went full-on and on the way back through I used 4lo to prevent the need to stop in the sand while navigating through. Thats when I realized I should have gone out of the river bottom in 4lo 1st gear. 4lo is a beauty. The diff lockers also seem to be more sensitive when in 4lo which I liked a lot.

6q8tRXa.jpg

GlpiM6E.jpg

As I get more seat time off-road in the LR4 I want to try taking some of the roads that go up and over mountains. The LR4 does surprisingly well with street tires, no traction problems at all. I want to get all my moneys worth out of these tires before going to a more aggressive tread pattern.

6FvI7XO.jpg

R4VcM9U.jpg

DSsy721.jpg

KQ2mjtH.jpg

P3LgUn8.jpg

These last two pics are from a geocache I found while looking for firewood (there was firewood from a big tree in the dry river bottom). I don't participate in caching but I've come across these while exploring the country side.

uHYyz4E.jpg

35DKNmb.jpg

eckman

Reaction score
Anyone replace their stock stereo unit with a spiral audio kit? I did with my LR3 and it worked well!

Attachments

• IMG_0666.jpeg
    IMG_0666.jpeg
    168.1 KB · Views: 23

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72