Showoff Your LR4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Iron oak

Reaction score
Looking good David!! Can't wait to read the write up. Side note; Did you ever pass along the info for Expediton One?

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking good David!! Can't wait to read the write up. Side note; Did you ever pass along the info for Expediton One?
Thanks! :) Sorry I did not get back to you, owe you an e-mail.

Yes, passed it along to a couple folks I know in UT, but not sure they want to jump on it. They seem to want to keep their LR4s stock - haha! I will talk to them again soon and see if I can get some bites.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good. When you coming to MA again? The salt can't wait for you... ;-)

What was the reason for the full fab job? Cutting the upper section of the swing away was pretty easy. Just trying to wrap my mind around the why.
I will be in MA from Dec 14-31. As for moving, that will likely be end of 2015.

I will write up more later, but basically we could not use their stock spindle since it was really intended for their swing-away. To be able to build a new swing-away, we had to weld in the new spindle, so had to remove the old one. I will write more later... have some other pictures.

bushway9172

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haven't posted in a while...

Attachments

• IMG_4026.jpg
    IMG_4026.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_4028.jpg
    IMG_4028.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 138
Last edited:

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like you're in the middle of a brush fire. Hope you have fireproof tires!

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like you're in the middle of a brush fire. Hope you have fireproof tires!

Ah ah ah. It was a crazy rainy day.
A little later, I found the limit of the DuraTrac tires in very slippery mud. Almost went down a crack in the earth a few times... That would have been a no come back experience.
This photo doesn't do justice to how difficult this road was. This is taken before the muddy section which lasted for a few miles with parts of the road being washed out.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 71

epiclr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These pictures you guys post make me want my LR4 back, limitless trails, continuous fuel and an endless supply of parts an LR mechanics.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72