Sliders opt 2 slims

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thorgal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi to you all.
I recently purchased Sliders opt.2 slims from rover specialties.took me 3 hours to install with two coffee breaks and all the prep work needed,new jack assembly,new stands ,four 4x4 s cut to two feet long pieces(two wrapped in fabric to prevent scratching) ,understanding instructions and actual work involving screws,lifting,balancing,cutting front and back trim and the rest,all by myself,no helpers.
Initial observations:
-very good quality product,I am impressed and actually understand ,why they cost so much.
-although super heavy(110 lbs.each), provide unsurpassed door ,compressor and air tank protection ,really,really sturdy item.
-I don't really see a point in removing yellow sill clips prior install. simply ,because sliders don't touch door sills at all,leaving a small gap in between slider and car's frame .I will have to came up with same closure at this point
-some sound deadening materials needed , not really regarding compressor itself,not noisy at all and I can live with that no problem.I think , I need some advise from guys who dealt with different type of noise.Right now I fill that cabin noise is more pronounced than ever before and i don't know what to do about it.Should I buy some dynomat and insulate sliders from inside or have different approach?I can hear an engine more along with some strange bangs while off roading mostly front driver side and rear passenger bang on slow bumps.What do you guys I should do to improve my ride?Are there any fixes to banging ?

Bad Bonez BJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd say if you looked closely at where you have that small gap between the sliders and the car's frame, you'd probably find where the bumping is coming from. The car's body is mounted to the frame using rubber which allows enough flex that you get the bumping. May also be where you get the noise, if it is touching while moving, transmits the vibrations that turn into sound in the vehicle. Just my rambling thoughts...

BJ

Trynian

Reaction score
You are going to get more engine noise, and feel more vibrations you get use to it. You should remove the clips if you didn't, I left a couple on to test and all of them ended up being smashed. Remove them and make sure all your bolts are tightened up. Did you reinstall the ruber body mounts back with the sliders?

The only bumping I have heard from others is when their bolts loosend so you must have missed a step or the banging may be the yellow clips getting smashed when the sliders flex a bit.

thorgal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is what I am experiencing,more engine noise and vibrations.I guess, I not use to that "melody" on LR3.Has anybody used Dynomat in some ares to improve quality if driving? . By the way , my screws are overtightened , much more25 Nm recommended,but I don't think it is related to my problem,I guess something has to give,right?Now ,I just have to figure out,how to upload my pictures.

morrisdl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2nd. the only bumping sound i had was from a loose bolt. The 2nd time I read the instructions, I saw the helpful note - tighten from the front to the back.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...Now ,I just have to figure out,how to upload my pictures.

An easy method is to go over to tinypic.com

It is free, no registration, and instant.
Upload a picture, and it'll give you a forum link you can paste here. It'll have

thorgal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
here is the pic of my sliders ...
r1c2de.jpg

just kidding,some poor guy stack in mud .I wanted to help them ,but there was no one in this car.
Here is my LR from yesterday 's mushroom picking..

ws48j5.jpg

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi to you all.
I recently purchased Sliders opt.2 slims from rover specialties....four 4x4 s cut to two feet long pieces(two wrapped in fabric to prevent scratching)

LOL, they are intended to be scratched! if you don't, you aren't using them properly :)

-some sound deadening materials needed , not really regarding compressor itself,not noisy at all and I can live with that no problem.I think , I need some advise from guys who dealt with different type of noise.Right now I fill that cabin noise is more pronounced than ever before and i don't know what to do about it.Should I buy some dynomat and insulate sliders from inside or have different approach?I can hear an engine more along with some strange bangs while off roading mostly front driver side and rear passenger bang on slow bumps.What do you guys I should do to improve my ride?Are there any fixes to banging ?

I put small neoprene disks as washers between the frame and the skid plate where they overlap.

thorgal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL, they are intended to be scratched! if you don't, you aren't using them properly :)
Nathan,are you by any chance a journalist?This is typical example of cutting stuff out of contest making completely different meaning.LOL
But seriously sliders touch frame in two points .They wrap around under doors and more inward they overlap another frame member in some point.I getting light bang in rear passenger area and front driver foot well somewhere.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM