Sliders opt 2 slims

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sushisean

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just put sliders on too and am interested in a way to reduce the increased cabin noise. There are many points of contact and dynamat is not cheap.

Nathan how do you use neoprene disks? Are you just putting those around the bolts used to attach the sliders to the vehicle?

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Clarifcation: My first set of sliders were the prototypes, and they mounted a bit differently. They actually attached to the frame. At those locations, I used the neoprene disks. With my new Option 1 sliders, I didn't do anything, and had no noise issues. Its not directly comparable though. At the same time I did the sliders (years ago now), I installed the Rasta transfer case and sump guards, which significantly DID increase noise, because it would reverberate the exhaust off the plate and back up into the cabin. I kinda liked it. Had a nice meaty growl to the exhaust note, and wasn't ever that obtrusive.

sushisean

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Clarifcation: My first set of sliders were the prototypes, and they mounted a bit differently. They actually attached to the frame. At those locations, I used the neoprene disks. With my new Option 1 sliders, I didn't do anything, and had no noise issues. Its not directly comparable though. At the same time I did the sliders (years ago now), I installed the Rasta transfer case and sump guards, which significantly DID increase noise, because it would reverberate the exhaust off the plate and back up into the cabin. I kinda liked it. Had a nice meaty growl to the exhaust note, and wasn't ever that obtrusive.

Did you actually have the exhaust system touching the Rasta plate? I don't and I got a big increase in sound in the cabin. Of course my exhaust is crushed into my frame at the moment. Once i get that fixed tomorrow I will update on how much additional noise I have with these bolt ons.

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you actually have the exhaust system touching the Rasta plate? I don't and I got a big increase in sound in the cabin. Of course my exhaust is crushed into my frame at the moment. Once i get that fixed tomorrow I will update on how much additional noise I have with these bolt ons.

I did initially, and it was a heck of a racket. Aluminum plating is quite good at pretending to be a musical instrument designed by the devil himself.

A few heavy duty stainless steel washers (4 each bolt) to hold the plate off the exhaust was the fix for that. Worked great, made the noise increase tolerable for me, and in a way, pleasant as stated above.

I also had a situation with the prototype sliders where the edge of the slider came in contact with the edge of the Rasta tranny plate. That was a noise generator too. Quick work with a pry bar to separate them permanently resolved it.

Trynian

Reaction score
I did initially, and it was a heck of a racket. Aluminum plating is quite good at pretending to be a musical instrument designed by the devil himself.

A few heavy duty stainless steel washers (4 each bolt) to hold the plate off the exhaust was the fix for that. Worked great, made the noise increase tolerable for me, and in a way, pleasant as stated above.

I also had a situation with the prototype sliders where the edge of the slider came in contact with the edge of the Rasta tranny plate. That was a noise generator too. Quick work with a pry bar to separate them permanently resolved it.

I just ground off a bit of the exaust that was contacting the rasta plate. mine was right where that big rubber stop is. Just had to take it off a little bit to get the clearance. As long as the engine and exaust and engine sounds are bounced back up and not disipated towards the asfault you will have more cabin noise.

Where the rasta plate contacted the slider I just ground that off a bit also to keep a little space between.

I also added high strength rubber strips between the sliders and the frame. Mostly to decrease the metal on metal rub and the removal of the paint off the frame allowing it to rust. It did reduce the vibration just a bit. I had a photo but unfortunatly I lost it some where.

thorgal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well,I can't get my hands on Rasta tranny plate,so i guess I have one less problem to think about.Will Hi country T case plate overlap sliders in any way or is it straight forward install.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635