Sluggish Wipers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eieiooo

Reaction score
Mine is a '97 Disco SD. When I turn on the wiper switch, it takes about 30 seconds before the blades start to wipe. Often, I cannot wait ... I need my wipers Right Now! Once they start going, they work fine on any speed. If I switch them off, I'll need to wait again next time I need 'em.
Ideas?

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Either switch or motor.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
I personally have not seen it be the motor, but I have chatted with at least 5 or 6 people that said after changing the motor the delay has gone away.

Mine usually only works if I do the instant wipe function for the first few minutes... I suspect the switch is my issue. In talking to a few friends they have suggested a good cleaning of the switch, but that hasn't made a difference in mine.

eieiooo

Reaction score
Joey ... How do you clean the wiper switch? Vacuum? Spray-on solvent? Or ???
Bill
97 Disco SD

eieiooo

Reaction score
In talking to a few friends they have suggested a good cleaning of the switch, but that hasn't made a difference in mine.

So Joey, how do you clean a wiper switch? Spray-on solvent? Vacuum? Or ???
Bill
97 Disco SD

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Remove it, take it apart and clean with contact cleaner...

I remember I did the same thing with my headlight switch a few years ago, but at least that was at least a temporary fix, I think it lasted a few months.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
9ineballer