Spare Rear Lights? Anyone have a set?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

S

sceaton

i want to send out a set while not having to garage car. I want to see if i can get the lights tinted a little bit...they are too cherry red for me.

Cost from stealership?

Thanks in advance

Scott

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ask your parts department. I'd be careful how dark you make them... I personally wouldn't want to impair the visibility at all. (Check your local laws, too...)

The "import racer" crowd around here uses tinting paint and just does it themselves...

M

Matt_Grim2

sceaton said:
i want to send out a set while not having to garage car. I want to see if i can get the lights tinted a little bit...they are too cherry red for me.

Cost from stealership?

Thanks in advance

Scott

Scott,

My LR3 goes to Project Kahn next week for Full Colour Coding, 20in RRS Rims, and I am getting the Rear Lenses & Side Repeters Slightly Tinted, They quoted me $650 core if I wanted to keep the original Rear Lights...

M

mbc

Matt, how much is all that running you?

Should be quite a transformation. Please take pics and post. Thanks.

If I do anything, it will be to get the RRS rims (SC or Stormers), still undecided.

Good luck!

mbc

M

Matt_Grim2

mbc said:
Should be quite a transformation. Please take pics and post. Thanks.

If I do anything, it will be to get the RRS rims (SC or Stormers), still undecided.

Good luck!

mbc

I Know I am looking forward to it a lot.

I will post pictures once it is done, It will take between 3-4 weeks.

It's a little pricing but you get what you pay for...

The following picture is of the RRS rim I am getting, it is a 2 piece one that you can only get by ordering through the dealer does not come standard on any sports, they cost $4,995.00 for a set of 4...

Attachments

• 9c_1_sbl.JPG.jpg
    9c_1_sbl.JPG.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 95
M

Matt_Grim2

grommet said:
Ask your parts department. I'd be careful how dark you make them... I personally wouldn't want to impair the visibility at all. (Check your local laws, too...)

The "import racer" crowd around here uses tinting paint and just does it themselves...

There are not laws against tinting lenses as long as you can see the brake and blinker lights, when you tint the lenses they put brighter bulbs in the rear lights...

Echoes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Matt,

I hate to say this, and don't get me wrong I am an accessory ****** too, but with everything that you are spending, you should have pulled the trigger and got the RRS.

M

Matt_Grim2

Echoes said:
Matt,

I hate to say this, and don't get me wrong I am an accessory ****** too, but with everything that you are spending, you should have pulled the trigger and got the RRS.

I wasn't a fan of the smallness of the RRS, the interior was not open like the LR3, My dream car is the Range but I would want the Supercharged but I did not have 95k, So I am just making mine more like the Range w/ woodgrain, the body colour coding, sound, etc.

The Exterior Look of the LR3 is what sold me, Find a Car you love the look then put money into it...

It's just like putting money into a BMW M5 instead of buying a 7 Series, customize the car you like...

M

mbc

maybe he wanted the space of the LR3...

who knows?

I for one looked at the RRS supercharged and the LR3 HSE, quite a difference in price. I went with the LR3 becasue it's more practical / has more usuable space, etc. Doesn't mean I wouldn't like it to be a little "sexier".

This board tends has a "if you're not wearing 16 inch rims, with all terrain tires, you're a pansy" sort of mentality. Reminds me of the "if you don't have manual or the sport package, you're a pansy" mentality from when i had a bimmer and was on those boards.

live and let live

mbc

M

Matt_Grim2

mbc said:
who knows?

I for one looked at the RRS supercharged and the LR3 HSE, quite a difference in price. I went with the LR3 becasue it's more practical / has more usuable space, etc. Doesn't mean I wouldn't like it to be a little "sexier".

This board tends has a "if you're not wearing 16 inch rims, with all terrain tires, you're a pansy" sort of mentality. Reminds me of the "if you don't have manual or the sport package, you're a pansy" mentality from when i had a bimmer and was on those boards.

live and let live

mbc

Exactly, Some people on this board feel if your not customizing it to off-roading or don't keep the utilitairian look then your descraing your Land Rover...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflint2112