SRS Light Woes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JJMyerz

Adventurer
Reaction score
So the SRS light popped on after my crash. Now the autobody shop says that since it is a rangie that the only place in town that can read the codes is a rover dealer. Great.

They are claiming its not from the crash, they think it might be the clockspring. If I send it to rover and it turns out to be un crash related, I'm stuck with the bill...

Suggestions? Ideas?

Justin

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Justin - ask them if they disconnected battery while dealt with damage. If they did - ask them to pay your bill for resetting this light.

Last edited:
M

montanablur

JJ-

My clock spring went out when my steering column failed... If your accident involved anything tweaking your steering its a good bet that it is... Its a $600 dollar job to fix... $300 or so for the part and another 3 hours to disarm the air bag pull the steering column and install everything... nightmare i know...

When you turn your steering wheel do you hear any faint clicking? If so it probably is the wire pulled out of the clock spring...

As far as codes go, if you have a 96 or later you can get the tool to read your codes at Autozone for free... then you can come back here to decipher them...

Good luck...

JJMyerz

Adventurer
Reaction score
Sergei - It came on before they got the vehicle. So even if they did disconnect to battery I doubt thats it. On a side note: If I disconnect the battery do I have to have the light reset every time? ARGH!

Montana: I'll check it out, I know the truck pretty well and I'm fairly certain there is no clicking.

:argh: Damn Rovers...

Justin

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep. Discovery is totally lovely about SRS system - light may or may not come up after batter disconnect simply b/c SRS ECU will figure out power failure and lit the light.

I am just ignoring mine.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM