Steering Wheel Peeling

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dropper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your pic was exactly as mine looked a few months before those ridges began to break down... replaced under warranty.

USAFbuckeye

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep mine looked just like that, and felt much like you described. I tried to get my LR service rep to give me the TSB #, however, she said she is not able to give out such information (how customer oriented is that?). She did say that all she does to get interior pieces covered by LRNA is take a photo of the item and send it to her district rep, who then makes the ultimate decision. The curious thing to me is why your rep is fighting you so ******* such an easy fix and "well-known" issue.

Seems to me they replace what they want to and there is really nothing anyone can do about it outside of a class-action lawsuit. You just have to catch them on the "right" day. I do agree with the "safety" angle that others have suggested you take with your rep.

I'll try again on monday to see if I can get more info for you.

Good luck

jimbiram

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dealer still won't replace as I am off factory warranty. However, if you use Maguires leather treatment cloths, it seems to cure the leather so that it no longer peels. Takes a few treatments, but it is way better than the dry cracked leather.

Bluebird

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try eBay for a new wheel $99.00 Maybe you could ask the dealer for a courtesy install.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FINALLY! The third dealership I tried had no problem whatsoever with my request. Since they are two hours away they even ordered one without seeing mine. Ran up there today and in 15 minutes they had it installed and my car washed. This my friends, is customer service. I'm going to have to spend some time writing a letter of praise to this dealer and another to my dealer that failed me. You'd think that customer service - especially in this economic climate - would be an absolute top priority for all dealerships....not just some. So with that said, if you happen to live in the MI area, I highly recommend Land Rover Grand Rapids.
Land Rover Farmington Hills....not so much.
Thanks for all your help and input everyone!

drzjoint

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am glad to here they took care of you as they did me.

roverman you going to make it up to westbranch on the 24th?

mustbeaudi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great result, roverman! I hope it never comes to that for me, but the ever-rotating door of service "advisors" at Lavery's miserable garage means no continuity of service for me. As soon as I get to know one and get decent attention, they're gone. I've probably seen at least 12 to 16 come and go over 6 years.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635