Suggest Everyone Get Full Size Spare

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Biagetti

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, the other night I was taking our Siberian Husky to get her claws ground down. As I pulled into the parking lot I heard a PPUUFFF and then a clunk, clunk, clunk as I was turning into a spot. As I got out, all I could hear was air ******* out of my rear passenger tire.

I hurry up and take our dog inside and quickly return to use the scariest supplied jack! I know, I know... it has passed numerous tests I'm sure and engineered for our vehicle but I didn't like it one bit! I could only imagine if i wasn't in the level and hard surface of the parking lot!

I then lower my non-HD spare down and then shake my head:stupid: I always wanted to get a full size spare but never got around to it. Mind you, my wife just gave birth last week to our first born and son! Let's just say that I didn't feel comfortable whatsoever driving only 10 miles home with my pup in the back on that skinny rubber!

Luckily, goinsurfin was selling my matching wheels on this forum and I was able to scoop up 2 of them from him. You may ask... why 2? We travel a good bit to see our family in Pittsburgh and will be securing the 2nd spare to the roof when on trips just for extra security. It will be also a second layer of security once our son gets a little older and can get off the pavement again. I will also travel with a regular jack tied down in the back!

By the way, goinsurfin was great to deal with and promptly shipped them out yesterday and will arrive at my house today. This forum is a great place and I felt comfortable dealing with a fellow member without any hesitation.

Attachments

• 20140127_173102.jpg
    20140127_173102.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 20
  • 20140127_173048.jpg
    20140127_173048.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 23
  • 20140128_083059.jpg
    20140128_083059.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

GSMblue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can honestly say, that crappy scissor jack scares the crap out me. I really need to invest in a decent one to stash in the back...

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How in the hell did that big bolt get into your tire?!?! It's not even pointy!

...as scary and rickty as that jack looks, it really does work well. I did wind up buying a built in jack/jackstand but in a pinch I would have no hesitation using the scissor jack.

goinsurfin

Reaction score
Wow, that is a huge bolt!

Matt, thanks for the mention... I have 1 wheel remaining and hope to have more soon, both 5 spoke and 10 spoke designs. PM me with your interest...Thanks again!

Biagetti

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How in the hell did that big bolt get into your tire?!?! It's not even pointy!

I have no idea how it made it through! It went in sideways and shredded the inside of the tire. Luckily they were able to grind it down a bit to plug and patch on the inside.

The guys at the tire place were telling me that they just had an electronic cigarette puncture a tire and burn the inside.... how the hell does that happen??!!!!! They keep a container of all the items they pull out of tires and it makes you wonder...

bushway9172

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you attach a link of the jack you are replacing it with? I'm not too keen on ever using the scissor jack either.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo