Suggestions for economical running boards for my LR3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

paula

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi there - My LR3 does not come equipped with running boards and as I am a petite woman, I am looking to buy some and get them installed.

Any suggestions on where I can buy some economical running boards from? Ideally, they should have a good grip on them.

Thanks in advance.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Paula, assuming you are not going to off-road your LR3, I'd just get the Land Rover sidesteps. They are sharp-looking on the LR3....though they are a hinderance for any real off-roading.

Tictaktoe

Reaction score
I just got nerf side bars for helping some not that tall family members get into the vehicle. Its very helpful.. black powder coated with 2 yrs warranty however may not be strong enough to be good use for off roading. Good for everyday concrete use though... they were around $110 but the installation could cost more than that..

paula

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, Tictaktoe - possible to share with me a link to the boards you bought? Thanks

Tictaktoe

Reaction score
I just asked 2 local body shops for quotes to just install these side steps/ running boards and they quoted me $180-200. They said it's about 4 hours of effort. Does that sound about right? Thanks

i wouldnt take anything beyond 2 hrs.

johnsoax

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the link, I've been thinking about getting something like this to help the kids get in and out of the Rover for a while...

I don't really need sliders, as I don't do that much offroading, so these are a much more economical solution!

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check with local dealers to see if any 2015 LR4 buyers had them removed. Every 2015 LR4 comes with them as the factory is trying to get rid if them before the new Discovery comes out. You can probably get a good deal on a set of "take off" running bards.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635