Suspension fault on 3rd compressor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

racingdc9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, about 2 weeks a go, after about going 3 months or so on the 3rd suspension air comressor, the suspension fault came on again and has been intermittent, the car is going back into the dealership tuesday. Yay, looks like i'm gonna get a 4th compressor.

After the suspension fault started, I called LR NA to start a file/complaint, and they're looking into it, but will let me know more after the dealership gives a diagnosis on what's wrong this time.

I just want a new LR3 now or upgrade to RR, I'm tired of this one, very frustrated!!!!!

H

Houm_WA

...a 4th compressor, how do you know that the compressor is the problem? What are the symptoms? Are you getting stuck in a particular height setting?

...could be the control module...?

racingdc9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well, the same thing has happened when the first 2 were bad, while I would drive the suspension fault would come on and I would no be able to lower or raise the car, since the car is in normal height mode already, I don't have to worry about driving it. Once, I turn the car off, and start it back up, the computer would reset itself, until it would fault again, and that could be the next few minutes to the next couple of days or so.

Since they replace the compressor each time, I assume that it's the compressor going bad. which, i'm starting to doubt and wonder if something else is causing it to go bad, I mean what's the chances of getting 3 bad compressors, unless it's just my luck, but I doubt it.

R

roverdawg

I've had the compressor replaced, and had a connector replaced, another connector "re-seated". The suspension faults go away at first then come back. So, either they never fixed the problem to begin with and it remains undiagnosed OR they fixed the suspension fault each time and something else breaks, which I find doubtful. For now, I'm letting them try to figure it out but it seems like guesswork. Process of elimination, which sucks for the consumer. There is no doubt that there was a problem with some early build compressors and I believe a tech bulletin even addressed this potential problem. By now, I would think that any suspect compressors are out of the supply chain and that switching out yours again won't fix it. Keep us posted. Good luck!

H

Houm_WA

dc9, it doesn't seem like the compressor is the problem to me. Most people have had compressors replaced when they get stuck in a certain positions. Your faults seem more like the ones I had, except that I could move the car up and down even while faulted. I had a suspension control unit problem.

I keep using the past tense...I hope that doesn't jinx me.

I would make sure they've tried and failed to fix it 4 times, or whatever is necessary to qualify it as a lemon....be sure and document all that. Then, I'd just wait to see if LR figures it out. roverdawg is right, this is a problem that LR knows about and I'm sure they are working fairly hard (save Guinness Fridays) to figure it out. They eventually will, I think, then we'll all get our faults cured.

I haven't had an issue in about 3000 miles.

askewed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
#4 was my ticket to a new (free) LR3... Look I rhymed...

Having sais that I'm already on my 2nd with the new one nd the faults are coming pretty fast and furious these days.

racingdc9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that Askewed. What did you do to get your new one? I forgot. You talked to LR NA right? how did it work? did LR NA give an allowance to the dealership so the dealership can buy it back? that's what they are trying to do with me.

Well whatever the problem is, they have to figure it out, i'm not gonna hold their hand through this, it's not my job, if they're playing ignorant to it then that's fine with me, it just makes the car look bad as it keeps on going bad.

My suspension faults don't let my car move up or down until I turn off the car and turn it back on and the fault is reset.

Last edited:
H

Houm_WA

They aren't playing ignorant to it. ...but it does sound like it's a tough one for them to solve because there is more than one issue. Some are compressor-related, others aren't.

They'll fix it, and I WILL hold their hand, mostly because I'm a (Systems) Engineer and I can't help myself...I have a need to understand the details. ...but also because I think holding their hand fosters the kind of relationship with LR/my service deptartment that I want to have.

I figure it will be much more rewarding in the end to be more patient with them.

...but you can do what you want.

T

texas911

Hey racing, I'm getting the fault also, intermittently. I've already got my compressor changed once. I wonder if its our dealer that's the problem. I'm waiting for 7500 miles to come around so I don't have to take it in twice.

S

schafari

I had the suspension failure. After they replaced the first compressor, I have not had the failure come back. I have exposed it to some serious off-road, and no problems so far on the replaced compressor.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM