Suspension fault on 3rd compressor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shark_LR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK the news on our suspension fault (2005 50K miles) IDS codes spat out RF sensor. Parts had to be ordered so we endured a week of woes. So just yesterday that was replaced, which seemed strange to me that a height sensor would cause the LR to SLAM to no suspension at all and say 30 MPH only. About an hour into the drive home Suspension fault (yelllow roll icon) then RED, then shes deflates (ie. SLAMS) to the stops, no suspension at all. Pull off & reboot rest of trip OK. Same deal as always.

What line in the suspension program causes the air bladders to deflate to nothing?? Or is is a physical issue (valve?)
PJ

Last edited:

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just talked to a mechanic buddy of mine that had a client's LR3 burn through a number of compressors. It would run, and then the system would bleed off, requiring the compressor to run again. The problem was the valve block outside of the compressor. There is a valve in it that is not serviceable, you need the whole new block, but it was under $200 and fixed the problem.

Shark_LR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just dropped the LR3 at the dealer today to try to solve our suspension problem. last week we were fully deflated (riding on the stops) a couple of times a day, bing, bong yellow, red, chitty chitty bang bang we love you. even the ambient temp (ice) warning was causing everyone to freak & brace themselves.

Then on Sunday my wife drove 6 hours no faults. and today I drove 3 hours no faults to the dealer. they have it for 3 days or so.

got a rental dodge grand caravan now. not sure which scenario is more torture???? luckily we can park the thing until i drive back.

Shark_LR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update

Tech found a defective harness routed to the front height sensor. This is portion is not exposed and was a problem in assembly of the harness connector/wire.

No faults for a couple of days now....

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo