Suspension fault on 3rd compressor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, I've seen this pic before; nice solution!

...and this is because the Coops are wider, huh? I wonder if the MT/Rs would give me similar problems. They are a tad bit skinnier. ...but then again I ran the Coopers quite a bit too.

Did you visibly see rubbing? Did you hear it? Did you get suspension faults because of it? ...if so (to any of these), how long did it take to manifest?

duckdive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I run Toyo's, but same size as the Cooper. Have not had any faults as result from
rubbing. They were getting pretty chewed up so I had to find a solution. Definately
something to keep an eye on if you run a plus sized tire.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...did they get chewed up right away?

I'm basically trying to determine whether or not it's something that I would've already noticed or not. I probably put 2500 miles on my Coopers before I got rid of them. So far my wiring is intact and there was no sign of rubbage, so if you were me would you disregard it at this point?

I think I may paint the wire covering white and check it over time to see if the paint gets rubbed off.

BlackRover

Reaction score
I had significant rubbing on my wires down there and did not have the slack to relocate
the wires. So I did the next best thing and mounted a small plate over them.

I had a suspension fault while turning left into a parking lot...is this harness on the drivers side by chance? I think I might copy what you did here, if there is significant wear. thnx for the image. :hello:

BlackRover

Reaction score
I had significant rubbing on my wires down there and did not have the slack to relocate
the wires. So I did the next best thing and mounted a small plate over them.

I had a suspension fault while turning left into a parking lot...is this harness on the drivers side by chance? I think I might copy what you did here, if there is significant wear. thnx for the image. :hello:

duckdive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...did they get chewed up right away?

I'm basically trying to determine whether or not it's something that I would've already noticed or not. I probably put 2500 miles on my Coopers before I got rid of them. So far my wiring is intact and there was no sign of rubbage, so if you were me would you disregard it at this point?

I think I may paint the wire covering white and check it over time to see if the paint gets rubbed off.

Most of my rubbing occured on a trail called Doran Loop where it is very steep and rocky.
There were several occasions where my wheels were fully compressed and turned hard
to the left. So I guess it depends on what kind of trails you are running. If I were you
I wouldn't completely disregard it, but I would be aware of it while on the trail especially
with your Mtr's. My tread and the Coopers as well, have a smoother tread comparatively
to your tread on the Goodyears.

Last edited:

duckdive

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Yes, drivers side.
Your welcome.

Last edited:

Shark_LR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is quite a bit of clearance between the wire loom and wheel. Stock tires, light duty use, no way it would contact.

BlackRover

Reaction score
There is quite a bit of clearance between the wire loom and wheel. Stock tires, light duty use, no way it would contact.

I checked the clearance...yeah its pretty good, has to be something else. Wire showed no signs of wear or moisture. I haven't had a suspension fault in about 6 months of normal driving.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635