swapping headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

magnumforc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can also go with the Xenon-Halogen 5000K Phillips Diamond Vision in the original headlights, high beams and fogs for a bright white light. Replaces the stock bulbs and provides HID like light with none of the hassle. I know, I know, it's not HID but 55 watts of the pure white light beats the stock headlights and fogs, and replacing all 6 bulbs for about one-fifty is about the price of a cheap HiD set for the headlights alone. Plus, you won't burn the warranty by simply changing the bulbs either.

If anyone goes this route, be sure to get them from an authorized Phillips dealer (There is at least one on eBay as well as from Amazon.com and others) as the Chinese knock-offs are in different packaging and re NOT made in Germany. They will burn out quickly and you'll be stiuck with junk. The H11's run about $48 a pair and the H-7's about $40 a pair.

simjet22

Reaction score
You can also go with the Xenon-Halogen 5000K Phillips Diamond Vision in the original headlights, high beams and fogs for a bright white light. Replaces the stock bulbs and provides HID like light with none of the hassle. I know, I know, it's not HID but 55 watts of the pure white light beats the stock headlights and fogs, and replacing all 6 bulbs for about one-fifty is about the price of a cheap HiD set for the headlights alone. Plus, you won't burn the warranty by simply changing the bulbs either.

If anyone goes this route, be sure to get them from an authorized Phillips dealer (There is at least one on eBay as well as from Amazon.com and others) as the Chinese knock-offs are in different packaging and re NOT made in Germany. They will burn out quickly and you'll be stiuck with junk. The H11's run about $48 a pair and the H-7's about $40 a pair.

thanks sounds good, i will def. look into those......but i do love me some hid's

ycharlie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just get 55w hids and call it a day. i started the dmdtuning trend here for the lr4 folks and i think everyone's pretty satisfied.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM