Swing away rear tire carrier feeler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

05lr3guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is what I have so far....still working out the bugs

Last edited:

farouk1

Reaction score
Very commendable effort. Am buying. Pity it is mounted on the wrong side of the rear window, i.e.taking more than half of its height. Wouldn't be a better idea to swap location of this spare wheel with that of the number plate? Any illuminating ideas?

05lr3guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very commendable effort. Am buying. Pity it is mounted on the wrong side of the rear window, i.e.taking more than half of its height. Wouldn't be a better idea to swap location of this spare wheel with that of the number plate? Any illuminating ideas?

I had considered mounting on the left, however the right side is more of the "conventional" mounting position. I have seen the dual carriers with the tag mounted on one of the tires and lighted with the original lamp. Driving around it really does not block you rear vision to much. If you were to park on level ground and look through the rear window the top of the second row seat pretty much blocks the lower part of the right rear window. Plus the view through the wheel is pretty clear. If you would like to mount yours on the left side, I could make it for you but you would need to work out the tag mounting and lighting. Thanks Paul

joecool509

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds Great! Better than digging a spare off of the ground or trying and lifting 60+ pounds onto the roof. I just got a quote from Rasta and they want 1040$ shipped to my door.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4