T44 rock sliders - Test fitting (long post)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

samnt650

Full Access Member
Reaction score
umbertob, have you received the new compressor mount? how does it look?

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not yet, their laser cutter guy screwed up a batch of sliders and made a bunch of LH ones, no RH ones. :biggrin: They were supposed to get their inventory straightened out last week - didn't happen - or this week, but I'm busy with work myself this weekend, so may not be able to get this stuff installed for another 10 days. As soon as it's all up, I promise I'll update this thread.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed today. Fantastic bit of protection, along with the gas tank skid plate (also installed.) The bracket turned out to be perfect, lifting the compressor enough to be completely clear of the sliders. Despite missing the lower cover, the compressor actually seems quieter than before (and it was very quiet to begin with), not sure if it's due to it being more recessed, the steel bracket, or the sliders masking all of the noise, but I can barely hear it running if I stand right next to it. That was a pleasant surprise (after installing the RS sliders on my 2006 RRS, the compressor made its fair share of racket when running.)

I will take some better photos of sliders and gas tank plate in the next couple of days, but I wanted to post a handful I took today with my crappy phone, to show the fairly dramatic difference in the mounting position of the compressor after the new bracket is installed. You gain at least an inch of clearance.

Kep and Eric make some serious kits for our cars, I do hope you will give them your business if you were on the fence. In addition to rock sliders, fuel tank plate and front bumper, they are also coming out with a rear steel bumper for the LR4, with swing-away carriers for spare tire and jerry cans, and offering better departure angles than the stock bumper cover. Haven't seen a prototype yet, but I look forward to it (even though I don't plan on getting either bumpers - not that ********* of an off-roader and I added enough weight with the mods today, about 260 lbs between sliders and tank plate.)

Here is the new bracket with air pump mounts already on:
2013-05-05%2010.38.jpg

Next to the factory one, it is obvious by looking at the screw holes where they gained clearance (also, the bracket is made if steel rather than chunky aluminum):
2013-05-05%2010.40.jpg

Compressor mounted on new bracket:
2013-05-05%2011.08.jpg
2013-05-05%2011.09.jpg

Last edited:

samnt650

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Umberto - Wow... T44 made a new slider to accommodate the pump (longer than the prior model) Well, it time for you to "USE" the slide. Its underside is too clean.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, they sure did (the reason why it took longer than expected to get the redesigned LH slider manufactured with these mods.) They had to, since the "footprint" of the new pump is larger than the older style used on LR3s and pre-2012 LR4s. On the plus side, the slider design now works on both older and newer models, regardless of pump type. If you have the AMK compressor though, you also need the modified bracket.

Well, it time for you to "USE" the slide. Its underside is too clean.

Working on it.
IMG_3088.jpg

:biggrin:

Last edited:

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is an awesome post with great information. That picture is great - where was it taken? I went off roading at Hollister Hills SVRA yesterday, it was fun, but not much water.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey umbertob,

Sorry if I missed this, but are these products on the T44 website? I can only see items for the LR3?

-David

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM