the LR4 19inch tire dilemma

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fuji4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the duratracs on my rig (6k miles) and the Cooper zeons on my offload trailer. both are good tires. duratracs worked amazingly well in this past season's 550 inches of snow at mammoth. No chains needed. little more road noise than the continentals, but a much better tire for grip.

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the silent armors on mine now. They have been great and wear like iron. Can't compare them to dutracs but they have held up pretty well.

Kerrie

Reaction score
Thanks! I get my LR4 next week and I'm looking for a good all around (mountain snow, rain, moderately rocky trails) and still be quiet and won't lower mpg's as it'll be mostly on the road. But I'll get the Compos next year, so I'll be rereading some of these threads!

manoftaste

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is Duratrac available in 255/55/19? Also what about Silent Armor? Cant find it in 255/55/19 anywhere.

manoftaste

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was pretty set on getting WRG3 and another set of something like Duratrac or Silent Armor but now all this talk of Duratrac doing great in snow is making me reconsider everything :)

Today I spotted an LR3 with Silent Armors at my local grocery store parking lot. Owner told me that he had had these tires on the truck since 2009 with about 40k on them now and spoke very highly of them. I spotted the snow/mountain symbol on the tires and was surprised that an AT/off road tire would have that symbol. Took some pics to post here. Is it the same symbol as the one on nokia WRG3?

Silent Armor Snow Symbol.JPG

Silent Armor.JPG

Last edited:

manoftaste

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ideally, would love to get an AT tire with some decent off road capability for trips to desert/dirt roads etc (without having the fear of flats) and good in rain/wet and winter and snow. The new continental Terrain Contact is looking pretty good but does not have the snow symbol and I dont think anyone here has had any experience with those yet.

Kerrie

Reaction score
How's the road noise on the duratrac? My only hesitation at this point is the noise.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72