thermostat?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

basstard440

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks again Joey, isn't Nathan a car dealership? I feel funny about calling him, not sure I would know what to ask him. I think its coming apart this weekend, so i will post as i go.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Nathan is a very good friend of mine and basically only sells LR's, he is always willing to help. Just tell him I said to call. He can even order you the parts... he used to have www.discountbritishparts.com

basstard440

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks again Joey, you've been a huge help through the years. I'll post up when I dig in.

basstard440

Full Access Member
Reaction score
heads off

IMAG0300.jpg.html
IMAG0299.jpg.html

So I got the heads off. I couldn't get clear pics of the cylinders yet. I cant seem to see anything like a slipped sleeve, like steamed parts or scores on the heads from a liner. There was coolant coming from the front and back of both heads. So what do ya think? I'll try to get pcs of the cylinders in the daylight. Is it safe to assume that it was just gaskets and a poor job? Can you tell anything from the pics?

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
from what I could see (pics are small) all looks fine.. I am betting on either just the gasket or the head bolts go loose.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
You have a slipped liner... you can see it in the photo it is a couple millimeters low.

You can either buy a new engine or rebuild the one you have. I know Nathan has a guy that will fix the slipped liner issue permanently.

basstard440

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you know how to check if the cylinder is cracked behind the liner? Thanks.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
I know you can pressure test the block as well... I just watched Nathan do that today. Saving and engine as he just found a faulty head gasket, not a bad block.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72