Things I have done with my Faultmate MSV-2!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ryan-in-oregon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since the other thread was starting to get off base I'll start a new thread....
First off I am not being paid to say anything about their product but it is by far the best thing I have spent money on so far for the LR3 and I have only had it a week so I don't even know half of what can be done!!!

Re-Enabled EAS after performing repairs to front end...
Calibrated suspension sensors (I had a lean to one side by 1 inch!!!)
Corrected speedometer for oversized tires.
Turned off DRL's
Reset transmission adaptations (Drives like a new rig again)
Perform 60k service and reset service indicator (Actually only partly completed as of yet)

I haven't learned the software flashing part of it yet but once I do I can enable things like the Instrument cluster clock (Not a feature on 05 or 06). You can also add hardware that wasn't so equiped on your model and with the faultmate program and enable features. Such as rear Diff lock and navigation. (navigation can be set to enter on the fly too with the faultmate!!) I would highly recommend anyone that uses there rig off road to carry one and anyone that is interested in doing their own work should have one too. My local dealer probably would have charged me atleast half the value of the the msv-2 just do the things I listed above (nevermind what I would have had to pay in labor to do the repair work)

Black Box Solutions

Last edited:

JackMac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice! Did the ride height recalibration solve your lean issue? I have developed a "lazy" right front corner and was considering a recalibration.

davidfkon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
we should most definitely make this a sticky, yes?

ryan-in-oregon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice! Did the ride height recalibration solve your lean issue? I have developed a "lazy" right front corner and was considering a recalibration.

Yes I am now with in an eight of an inch at all four corners!!!

crewcabrob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I take it this same box will work on the LR4? There are a couple of things I would love to do with it, including turning on the NAV in motion feature and electronic display of the radio and MPH in the center display.

Rob

ryan-in-oregon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes they make diagnostic scan software to work in conjunction with the MSV-2 for all models of Landrover. I added a link to the bottom of my first post to their website. For those that do not need the extended ability of the MSV-2 they do make a FCR model for fault codes only and it will reset them too...

crewcabrob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the link and the information. I'm not sure I can afford to get one for just a few things as of yet. Maybe when my truck gets a little older and starts throwing codes, I will think about getting one.

davidfkon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what modules did you get? MP012?
looking at the PDF of modules in that that software pack there is an option for ADAPTIVE CRUISE CONTROL . . . tell me it ain't so :cool:

Last edited:

Mr.BigsLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What was the total price (US) including shipping? Very interested.

ryan-in-oregon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought the "Kit" it includes all modules pertaining to the LR3. I believe I have read somewhere that someone installed all the pieces for the adaptive cruise control and got it working but don't qoute me on that....

They list all prices on their website and there is even a drop down menu to change the prices to USD. I paid ~$1200 shipped to my door and I got it in 5 days.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tango90