Things I have done with my Faultmate MSV-2!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1MORLAP

Reaction score
$1200 is the equivalent of one Adult BTU

Basic Toy Unit = the price of which adult toys are measured (such as cars, boats, RV's, vacations, etc...)

Too much. Should be $250 and they would sell many more. At $1,200 this is a serious enthusiast / shop item. At $250, most people on this board woudl buy one.

Check out Ross-tech.com. MUCH more comprehensive, and less money. Standard for how this should be done. Of course will not work well with teh LR3.

ryan-in-oregon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While there may not be $1200 in hardware here doesn't mean it isn't worth the price. This scan tool runs serious circles around the Ross-Tech (If it were even available for Land Rover). All there tool does is engine related DTC's(Going by what I see)....If you can find a dealer equilvalent diagnostic tool for 1200 go for it. ( All the ones I know of go for well over $1200). With this tool I can replace and program any componet that requires it. I can set tranmission adaptations and I can flash the ecus with the latest software.

ryan-in-oregon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ryan, were you able to recalibrate your height sensors with just the stand alone unit? Or did have to do it through the computer with MSV software?

It appears as if you have to make the changes through vehicle explorer only. You can right new flash maps to the msv-2 and then flash the ecu from there but the majority of the use is through vehicle explorer. Relizing this you would need to carry a laptop to reenable the suspension if you were to have a failure droping it to the bump stops. (You can't just clear the codes and be happy)

Trynian

Reaction score
Stand alone really only does fault clearing. If you have a persisting fault it will just return. To manipulate the suspension ie raise and lower any corner you like or to rewrite the calibration you need the laptop.

duckdive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you Gentlemen, Think I might just go with the FCR. Just need something to read and clear faults to get me going again if the truck decides to throw a tantrum out on the trail.

ryan-in-oregon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you Gentlemen, Think I might just go with the FCR. Just need something to read and clear faults to get me going again if the truck decides to throw a tantrum out on the trail.

Before you buy one I would find out if the fcr can reenable the air suspension. Once it gets disabled you can't just clear the codes. Although if you can force the compressor to run that would get it going too.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ryan and Trynian, would that laptop need internet connectivity or does it plug into the LR3 and run software that is on the hardrive?

Trynian

Reaction score
Ryan and Trynian, would that laptop need internet connectivity or does it plug into the LR3 and run software that is on the hardrive?

It is self contained. All the actual vehicle software is stored in the server module that connects to the car.

The laptop just has an interface program to tell it what to do and save settings.

For those worried about the price, it can be transfered to another vehicle for an admin fee to BBS so it can be used if you get a new rover or be sold to another with a rover.

Last edited:

drewman75

Reaction score
Hi All,
Not sure if anyone will know the answer to this one. But figured I would ask. Can the Faultmate adjust the setting that allows for input into the video port to play while in motion on the front nav screen? Would this maybe be covered by the same option that allows control of nav in motion? Reason I ask is that I have a digital TV antenna that I can push the video to the rear screens as well as front nav screen. But my battery died and now after replacement it now says no video in motion. The misses is very displeased, so wondering if a Faultmate may allow me to set it back to allow it again. Thanks.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carbonlink