Third row seats!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This brings back a lot of memories. When I ordered my LR3, 10.5 years ago, I did not want a 3rd row. In my old Montero, I'd always seem to be the guy that had to drive because I could fit 7...and I'd find beer cans and such back there the next day.

I also considered how infrequently I'd ever really needed them and how in most cases when I did need them, I wished I didn't have them (see above). The perks of having a 5-seater weren't known to me at the time...but yes, I've done the "wheel well operation" in the rear wells where that body-flap (lack of a better term) could rub the tires...and I have an air compressor mounted in one of the rear cubbies that are otherwise unavailable with the 7-seater.

I guess I'm not adding much good to this convo, but...

...oh, and it's "EXCUSES are like A-holes," not opinions. Not all opinions stink. That old saying has been tainted in recent years.

whydahdvr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
HOUM_WA: I sit corrected! :)
Must be the way I've heard it, kind of like playing the old game of telephone. Or maybe my warped sense....
Either way I love my LR3 and wouldn't pull the 3rd row seats out unless I really got into back country driving with it.

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
....wouldn't pull the 3rd row seats out unless I really got into back country driving with it.

I don't know if the back country is a very good place to be pulling the seats out unless you intend to leave them there ;)

Trynian

Reaction score
the seat belts are easily added as well. The mounts are all there, just need to buy the parts including the trim parts that have the cutouts for the shoulder belts.

The 5 seaters just have filler stuff with tool cutouts down where the 3rd row folds down that can be removed.

To me the 3rd row is well worth having and have used it often on and off road. Being able to sleep in the back at 6'2" with the second row folded flat is a plus also on my solo trips as we cannot use rooftop tents in some places we go. I don't recal the 5 seater being able to go all the way flat without loosing some head room from the seat bottom folding up.

Last edited:

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
5-seater folds flat as well....I'm not sure which seat bottom you are referring to. There were also different styles of 2nd rows sold back then...something called a "Convenience Package" I think. Anyhow I've slept in the back of mine a handful of times and it's very comfortable.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
5-seater folds flat as well....I'm not sure which seat bottom you are referring to. There were also different styles of 2nd rows sold back then...something called a "Convenience Package" I think. Anyhow I've slept in the back of mine a handful of times and it's very comfortable.

The 35-35-30 split was an option, the bare bones stock second row has the bottom you flip forward and then lay the seat backs down. Takes up about 4-5 inches of valuable space for the tall. And I don't think it laid quite as flat, but am not certain. I've had an air mattress in there before. Home away from home!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM