Tire preferance

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

R

RadRocker

Anyone have preferance on what kind of tire to put on a Disco 1? Would that be the same for a Disco 2? Any opinions?

Moose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bryce, I've had Yokohama Geolandar AT+II's for over almost a year, and they are great. There's more grippiness and mud-shedding ability than the stockers, and they're not too much louder than the stock tires.

I've also heard/read good things about the Dunlap Radial Rovers and the BFG AT tires.

Go All-Terrain for all-purpose or MT if you wheel a lot.

R

RadRocker

How much louder are the MT's? Do they make a huge difference in gas mileage?

Slam

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rad Rocker said:
How much louder are the MT's? Do they make a huge difference in gas mileage?
Not much. It seems as though when you are going at slow speeds you can hear the MT's grip the road. It is pretty quite though. I have used the BFG AT's and the MT's and I don't know if there is a difference in gas mileage. I do think that the MT's look a lot cooler, and that is why I decided to try them. Overall, no complaints for the BFG!

Moose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Remember 2 things, Bryce:

(1) You can always turn up the radio, and

(2) Those tires don't make noises, they make a sound :)

S

SNNIPER

Byrce I Would Put 265/75/16 Muddys On They Look Better Sound Better And Perform Well On And Off Road

S

SNNIPER

They Were The Tyres Before I Put On 265/85/16 And I Dont Really Hear The Tyres Over The Purring Of The V8

Roverhound

Reaction score
I have the BFG AT's and like em a lot.
Does it snow where you're at? Mud tires aren't the greatest in snow unless you have them siped.
I have 235/85-16's on a 2000 d2.

S

SNNIPER

Over Here In Perth Western Australia Our Mud Is The Same Asyour Snow I Have Never Seen Snow Here

Roverhound

Reaction score
"Over Here In Perth Western Australia Our Mud Is The Same Asyour Snow I Have Never Seen Snow Here" :stupid:
Mud terrains will be louder,will wear faster,and won't handle as well in the snow. You can get mud terrains siped. That will give you better handling on the road and on ice if you need that.
If your going to do a good bit of driving off road then by all means get the mt's.
Good luck, Walter

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72