To black the grill or not to black the grill?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChesapeakeRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The question is what do you guys think of the black grill on a silver LR3?

Votes for black or votes for stay silver or something else?

I'm just looking for some uniqueness

This was just a lame mock-up on preview (Mac) of what i think it would look like:

LR3Blackbumper.jpg

And the original for comparison:

LR3Beachsmallversion.jpg

Thanks in advance for any input,
-Alex

joecool509

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like it, was looking at some of the different styles they have (wire netting look) on ebay. If you removed the orange reflector in the headlights (Disco 3 had a tutorial) it would very clean.

Roverine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the black

It's what I have, since I had to replace mine and cheaped out on getting it painted. Easy enough to spray some black laquer on the new part.

ChesapeakeRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you removed the orange reflector in the headlights (Disco 3 had a tutorial) it would very clean.

You got me interested, think this is the tutorial you're refering to:

http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic36286.html

And thanks for the positive feedback guys, keep it coming... I'm still on the ropes my self.. I think the ideal would be a silver rectangle with black mesh on the inside kind of thing... Maybe I'll make my own... if i feel bold enough :wink:

JackMac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Black with a matte paint finish.

You can always buy. a new unpainted grile from the dealer (or repair shop) and keep the original for future resale.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think matte black would be more badass. ;) Combine that with some front light guards, a winch, or anything else upfront to compliment that black.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflint2112