To compo or not to compo

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The funny thing is, I used my 19" centers for well over 6 months without issue. They had a little "play" to them, but otherwise were perfectly fine. Then out of the blue, two went missing on one side of my truck, the next week, the other two. I honestly think mine were stolen.

After that fiasco, I bought some genuine Land Rover caps with the black oval from eBay. Once I snapped them in, they were a lot more snug. I feel far more confident with these. That said, I still think my originals were stolen and didn't just fall off.

My 2c.

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also used my 19 ones and they lasted between a few days and a few weeks. One by one falling out. It happened on the front wheels first and then the rear.
I knew it was bound to happen based on all the complaints from everyone else on the forum.
I did blame it on my wife a little ;)

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought a pair from a guy on Craigs List. Great deal but when I received them they had sand in them and looked a bit used. ;-)

I did buy a set of the ones on eBay and they worked much better, much more snug, in my Compos. Installed them in mid-July and even with a fair bit of off road driving they are still good to go.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72