To compo or not to compo

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Waterndirt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, I'm aware of the mods. After spending so much on the truck, to see the low pressure warnings every time on start up gets old. Want the cleanest possible install with the least amount of OEM removal. I guess it comes down to those heat shields. Probably have to shave half the tread off, at that point it wouldn't make sense. In reality that spare will most likely never get used. We don't do a ton of off highway, light to moderate trail runs.

ndamico

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cant you just not put a sensor in the spare? What about programming that specific one for less with iidtool?

Last edited:

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That "heat shield" takes all of 2 minutes to remove and you can always put it back on. It's two small nuts and bolts and weighs all of half a pound. Tons of members, including myself, have removed it to fit larger spare tires beneath. If your actively rotate your tires (including your spare), you might even get it to fit with less air removed after a while.

Waterndirt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cant you just not put a sensor in the spare? What about programming that specific one for less with iidtool?

Yes, I would do that. Though I didn't want to see a low tire pressure warning all the time if I had to air down that spare so much. Once you get used to seeing the warning, it tends to be disregarded after a while and the intended use of sensors goes away. Lets face it, I'm admittedly being picky here. Can the iidtool do that? Might consider getting one if that's the case.

Surfrider77 - I was under the vehicle yesterday and saw those bolts you mentioned. Easy for sure. I'll be rotating in my 5th wheel within a few months. I'll try throwing a used one up there.

NASdiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The IID tool will let you disable the spare tire TPMS and keep the others.

Trekker

Reaction score
More peer pressure. You won't regret going with the Compos. :smile:

Attachments

• DSCN0952_edited-001.jpg
    DSCN0952_edited-001.jpg
    963.2 KB · Views: 39
  • DSC_7415_edited.jpg
    DSC_7415_edited.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 36

ndamico

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there a center cap that is supposed to come with them?

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there a center cap that is supposed to come with them?

No there isn't. They do sell some though. If you want a LR one you will need to go the eBay route. The original ones pop off and get lost easily.

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will the caps off my stock 19's fit?

I guess I wasn't clear. No they will not. They seem to but they're about 1mm too small so they will pop out sooner than later.
Use the search function in the forum, it brings up a lot of useful information.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9