To compo or not to compo

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking were to mount a on board ARB air compressor just can't find a good stop. Thx to Umberto I know were the 2nd battery is going. I wanted looking as OEM as possible but with hidden tricks :p

Keep me updated on that effort. I am currently using the single compressor ARB pump that's mounted in the toolbox. I would love the twin compressor solution mounted permanently.

My buddy has it on his Jeep and it's fantastic.

To the original poster, I say Compos too but I am also biased!

Attachments

• Disco sand.jpg
    Disco sand.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 37
  • Beach.jpg
    Beach.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I was looking at compressors I was thinking about onboard, but I actually like just using my vlair 450p on its own. I've needed to use it for other things and its nice to have it portable.

Ive got my traxide dual batt kit here, im going to set it up so I can connect the compressor from the back. That will be even nicer. I'd love to see some pictures of the onboard air setups on an LR4 though. I think you have to have a compressor that is pretty vibration/heat/water/dirt proof for engine bay applications right?

ivan gonzalez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Once I decide to tackle that project I will have to mount it on the engine bay. Run the air line to the back most likely were the factory jack is.

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's a general compressor. Basically has two pumps that double the CFM and can run full duty cycle (100%). You can run it directly with a hose to air tires, which most people are doing. In addition to that, you can also place an air tank in-line for an air reserve and run their lockers, air power tools, or anything else you can imagine.

Lots of YouTube videos out there to show what it can do.

ivan gonzalez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So what's the difference from the 700+ one that I see ? I was thinking of getting the single to carry as a portable but I really want the double to mount it on so I can run air tools, air up tires faster, air tank and maybe a flamethrower in case of the zombie apocalypse

ivan gonzalez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nvm I was looking at that pump only that it came with the 5galon tank and case

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72