Treo 650 With Factory BlueTooth

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

L

lacarruk1

Has anyone had any success using factory bluetooth in an 06 LR3 with a Treo 650?

L

lacarruk1

lacarruk1 said:
Has anyone had any success using factory bluetooth in an 06 LR3 with a Treo 650?
I have 3 phone options and need some advice. I have the Verizon Razr V3c, the Verizon Motorola E815 and the Sprint Treo 650. Anyone have any success stories?

T

tahoedog

lacarruk1 said:
Yes. My wife and I both have them and have both of them paired and working with our new 2006 LR3 V8 HSE. Pairing was pretty simple, but you need read the manual to get the password. You need to use the Treo to discover and pair. I found a few times I've had to let the bluetooth device discovery sit a bit before it recognizes the 'Land Rover' device as a headset. But keep trying.

I find it works well, but you can only use basic options of speaker/microphone and stereo muting. Seems voice dialing, and access to stored numbers only works if you physically connect it? Or it could be something with the 650... e-mail me if you need help. [email protected]

L

lacarruk1

TREO 650 Solution

tahoedog said:
Yes. My wife and I both have them and have both of them paired and working with our new 2006 LR3 V8 HSE. Pairing was pretty simple, but you need read the manual to get the password. You need to use the Treo to discover and pair. I found a few times I've had to let the bluetooth device discovery sit a bit before it recognizes the 'Land Rover' device as a headset. But keep trying.

I find it works well, but you can only use basic options of speaker/microphone and stereo muting. Seems voice dialing, and access to stored numbers only works if you physically connect it? Or it could be something with the 650... e-mail me if you need help. [email protected]

I just picked up a new 2006 LR3 HSE and I am surprised what is working with the phone system. Once I paired, I could barely make phone calls and could not receive any. BUT - one thing I did notice was I had a voice setting in the NAV system where I can type in phone numbers and then record the voice prompt (Which we were not supposed to have). You were supposed to only record all the numbers and tags manually with the steering wheel button.

So - I tried something - I purchased CRADLE 3 which is for a NOKIA phone. I plugged it in. Though I am not using it, as soon as I get in truck, BLUETOOTH appears on my radio. I am able to use the dial keypad on the radio to make phone calls, the Nav system to enter phone numbers for storage in combo with the voice system to record name tags. I can also use the telephone button on the radio console after using the keypad on the radio console to dial calls. This was only supposed to work with CRADLED phones. Wondering if the fact that I installed a cradle is making it work with the system? I am very happy regardless of what it is.....

D

dronedog

i have the dealer installed bluetooth. i just borrowed a verizon RAZR phone this weekend to try it out. it is working just like i thought it would. i can recv and make calls plus i have stored about 10 names on the name-store system and it all works fine. i can get out of the car and as soon as i get back in, it must connect. all i have to do is hit the button on the wheel to make a call.
the only thing i noticed was that the "end call" button did not seem to work just right. but if i pull it and the call button together it ends a call. since it works so well, i will deifinitely be switching as soon as my plan allows.
The Dog

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lacarruk1 said:
I just picked up a new 2006 LR3 HSE and I am surprised what is working with the phone system. Once I paired, I could barely make phone calls and could not receive any. BUT - one thing I did notice was I had a voice setting in the NAV system where I can type in phone numbers and then record the voice prompt (Which we were not supposed to have). You were supposed to only record all the numbers and tags manually with the steering wheel button.

So - I tried something - I purchased CRADLE 3 which is for a NOKIA phone. I plugged it in. Though I am not using it, as soon as I get in truck, BLUETOOTH appears on my radio. I am able to use the dial keypad on the radio to make phone calls, the Nav system to enter phone numbers for storage in combo with the voice system to record name tags. I can also use the telephone button on the radio console after using the keypad on the radio console to dial calls. This was only supposed to work with CRADLED phones. Wondering if the fact that I installed a cradle is making it work with the system? I am very happy regardless of what it is.....
Uh, you shouldn't be surprised. That's how it's supposed to work. Those features have always been there for factory PTI. (In fact, dealer-installed PTI has some of it... just no keypad capability & no cradle/docking.)

You still don't get phone book access, call log access, name display (and of course, charging & antenna) with Bluetooth only. There have been numerous threads on this. Like... http://www.landroverworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=1759

Last edited by a moderator:
L

lacarruk1

grommet said:
Uh, you shouldn't be surprised. That's how it's suppose to work. Those features have always been there for factory PTI. (In fact, dealer-installed PTI has some of it... just no keypad capability & no cradle/docking.)

You still don't get phone book access, call log access, name display (and of course, charging & antenna) with Bluetooth only. There have been numerous threads on this. Like... http://www.landroverworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=1759

So - Are you telling me the Factory PTI is supposed to let me enter phone numbers thru the NAV system and use the numberic keypad even if I am just going thru Bluetooth? The manual states this will not work, but it is working...

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, indeed. Land Rover manuals aren't, err, how do you say... the most complete. :) I think they might have left out the "Voice add name" UI details for the Touchscreen, but I don't remember...

I'm pretty sure it doesn't say you can't use the numeric keypad to dial or send tones for voice mail systems, etc. over Bluetooth. All I see:

Bluetooth does not enable the user to access the Phone book stored on the Phone handset or SIM card. It only enables access to the phone numbers stored against name tags in the Voice Recognition system

L

lacarruk1

grommet said:
Yes, indeed. Land Rover manuals aren't, err, how do you say... the most complete. :) I think they might have left out the "Voice add name" UI details for the Touchscreen, but I don't remember...

I'm pretty sure it doesn't say you can't use the numeric keypad to dial or send tones for voice mail systems, etc. over Bluetooth. All I see:
Thanks for the info. I thought I was lucky. Did not know this was standard. I even called that 800 Wireless Number that supports Landrover, they told me no to the KEYPAD & NAV system for anything with the phone unless it was cradled. The only odd thing I had to do was plug in the NOKIA Cradle 3 before my Treo 650 would actually start working. Even though I am not actually using the cradle, it made everything work well and the Bluetooth retains connection. Else I was only able to make calls with my phone and the car would take over. Could not receive calls, could not use any phone buttons.....etc...

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
People are often confused. Basically, the stereo head unit controls (mostly phone book related) don't do anything for you without a dock... I guess the keypad is overlooked.

Well, that's bizarre. That doesn't make sense at all. Try removing it and seeing if it survives. The cradle does nothing unless something is plugged in.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635