Treo 650 With Factory BlueTooth

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

T

tahoedog

Very interesting! It appears that adding the cradle gives you the all the phone features as grommet said. I'll have to try this with my Treo 650 as well to confirm how well it works with a bluetooth connected phone vs. a physically connected phone.

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
tahoedog, I just tried my neighbor's Treo 650 and paired it... it works fine over Bluetooth just like my Motorola. I have no Nokia cradle in sight. No idea why lacarruk1 had to put a dormant cradle in. The only thing I didn't test was receiving a call.

S

sgllr3

The Palm Treo 650 bluetooth has been known to pair, but with limited functions, eg, can only access speed dial (and not entire phone book) numbers by using the car. And depending on the car, you need to download a software update to even get the limited functions. The downloads are listed at palm.com. The palm is the all in one that I need, but this limitation is what keeps me from buying it.

I don't know why they can't upgrade the software to make the phone fully functional via car inputs... but maybe they have if what grommet has said is true...

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sgllr3, you don't get any of your phone's dialing features via the vehicle over Bluetooth. The voice tag dialing (& voice number dialing) is indepedent and part of the vehicle PTI -- nothing is shared with the phone.

The only way you can get access to your phone's text "phone book" is a physically cradled phone.

By the way, the Treo I tested was from Sprint and was running 1.12 firmware.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

drdjin

dronedog said:
i have the dealer installed bluetooth. i just borrowed a verizon RAZR phone this weekend to try it out. it is working just like i thought it would. i can recv and make calls plus i have stored about 10 names on the name-store system and it all works fine. i can get out of the car and as soon as i get back in, it must connect. all i have to do is hit the button on the wheel to make a call.
the only thing i noticed was that the "end call" button did not seem to work just right. but if i pull it and the call button together it ends a call. since it works so well, i will deifinitely be switching as soon as my plan allows.
The Dog

Just curious, how much did your dealer charge you for the bluetooth plus installation?

D

dronedog

i bought it in with the car but they said it was a 700 dollar option. of course it was their first one and it took them longer than expected. so it may have gone up in price afterwards.
the dog

P

Purpose

help I missed another call

How do you anwser incoming calls with your Treo 650 over LR3's Bluetooth System? I've been able to make calls with no problem, anwsering calls has been impossible. Your help is appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635