Tyre Pressure Monitoring system Fault

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

James_R50

Reaction score
I have a 2007 LR3 SE with just under 99k miles, a few months ago my vehicle would say tyre pressure monitoring system fault, the hazards would come on, blinkers would not work and everything on the center console was disabled, sometimes it would go on for a minute, sometimes it would be 30. I brought it to the dealer and at first, I was told they didn't have the exact solution but to start with replacing the fuse box which I did along with a new battery and four new Tyre pressure monitoring sensors. My tyre pressure light no longer is on but when I first start up my car after I go about a mile down the road and "tyre pressure monitoring system fault" apprears along with hazards. I have read on the TPMS needing replacement but just wondering if anyone else has come across this problem and what they have done to fix it, any advice would be much appreciated!

davidfkon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have found that the spare tire is the usual culprit, as I don't tend to keep it infated to correct levels as the 4 on the ground . . .

curiousjorge

Reaction score
I have found that the spare tire is the usual culprit, as I don't tend to keep it infated to correct levels as the 4 on the ground . . .
i don't have a sensor in my spare...it also doesn't look like fatory rims. more like a steel rim.
can you 100% confirm that the spare needs a sensor?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9