Used 2011 LR4 LUX w/ history of Starter Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LRemy4

Reaction score
I'm interested in a used '11 LR4 LUX for sale with ~6K miles I found on the market. Upon my research with the dealership, they indicated to me that the car was purchased from a Land Rover auction as a California Lemon Law Buyback. The main issue noted for the Buyback was related to the fact that the car would not start due to starter issues. There was not a lot of detail, and I'm waiting for the Carfax and Buyer report from the dealership.

Anybody have any history with the starter issues with the LR4? Would you trust that Land Rover appropriately fixed the vehicle before putting it back on the market to a dealer to sell?

LRnewbie11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would be highly suspicious of this vehicle. I would think that they could possibly be lying about the original problem(s) and whether or not they are sufficiently fixed. Then there is the issue of warranty. I'm no expert but I would assume there are a whole host of warranty issues that you would have to deal with either from LR or a third party down the road considering this vehicle was labeled with lemon laws.

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm interested in a used '11 LR4 LUX for sale with ~6K miles I found on the market. Upon my research with the dealership, they indicated to me that the car was purchased from a Land Rover auction as a California Lemon Law Buyback. The main issue noted for the Buyback was related to the fact that the car would not start due to starter issues. There was not a lot of detail, and I'm waiting for the Carfax and Buyer report from the dealership.

Anybody have any history with the starter issues with the LR4? Would you trust that Land Rover appropriately fixed the vehicle before putting it back on the market to a dealer to sell?

STAY AWAY,! If I were. You I wouldn't even think about it.

MottMcfly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have to agree with what everyone else has already said. This one is screaming "stay away"

Just out of curiosity, what are they asking?

Marty

uhur

Full Access Member
Reaction score
.... I'd have no problems buying it
Mine (2011 LUX) had starter issues when I bought it new. After spending a couple of days in the service department, the starter was fixed, and now almost 9 months later, no problems at all.

The reason that it took them 2 days was because the problem (dislodged starter) was so stupid and simple that it never occurred to anyone that that indeed could be the cause. All kinds of software diagnostics were run, until they looked at the most obvious and least likely place, the starter itself. Nothing drastic, just a basic QC issue of someone assembling the truck after having too much guinness

Last edited:

LRemy4

Reaction score
Finally broke down and ordered a new 2012 HSE instead... thanks guys.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99