Used LR3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ODKen

Reaction score
I have always loved the look and off road capability of a Land Rover. I now have to opportunity to own one. I am looking at a 2006 LR3 with just onder 50K miles. I am interested in the opinions of the experienced LR owners out there. Should I buy? I know that any used vehicle is a risk but is there too great of one here?

MEDISIN

Reaction score
I'm not an "experienced" Land Rover owner but I picked up a used 2006 LR3 this summer (45k miles). I was a bit hesitant given the reputation for poor reliability. I put my mind at ease by purchasing a 4yr/75,000 mile extended warranty. When broken down it was $600/yr which is less than I would expect to spend out of pocket for a 5yr old vehicle. Very happy with my decision.

ODKen

Reaction score
The dealer is offering a 12mo/12K mile warranty that covers the powertrain and "linkage." What major expenses could I be looking at repair wise?

jimbiram

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The powertrain and linkage are not the issues that people have at 50-60k miles. The biggest ones are the control arm bushings and tie rod bushings, that came from factory too soft. Expect to spend $1500-$2000 to do all the bushings if you have no warranty. The cost of an extended warranty usually makes sense in light of that. There have been several issues with air pumps as well, so an aftermarket warranty should be more than just 12k or 12 months.

CMGRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look for one that covers the suspension system and the electrical. Engine/tranny/drivetrains are pretty stout, not many issues there.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635