Vandalized keyed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jesus_man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think touch-up paint should really be used with an expectation of it looking "good." Rather, it should be used to cover bare metal in the event of a rock chip. to prevent rust mostly and also so that it doesn't look like complete ****. To expect it to look perfect is folly.

All the body on the LR3 is aluminum right? Exposed, it might be susceptible to corrosion from Mag Chloride ice melt, but it won't rust.

mustbeaudi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Before you hit the trails hard. You could try the Dr Colorchip stuff. Quite a few rave reviews on it on the audi forums.

www.drcolorchip.com

I have a kit, but the literature states excellent on rash or chips, not so great on long scratches. We used it on a Chrysler with side marks, not deep keyed ones but scratchy mess, and it was only okay but way better than any brush touch. Better technique would have helped. 2nd on the Audi reviews (probably under the Dr.'s screen alias!).

jak167

Reaction score
Dude, you have the chance to go epic, without the other half making a single complaint RE the damage you may do to the body b/c your fixing it anyway. I agree with the others, if you ever wanted to hit the trials, now is your chance.

BTW, post the trail pics too

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99