Warning lights and water

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BldrRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The last couple times I have gone wheeling, we have had some pretty significant water crossings. Both times, my suspension warning light has gone on(yellow) and then turned off after exiting the water. Additionally, the day after the trip(both times) my check engine light has gone on(yellow). They replaced the mass airflow sensor last week, but it went of again this morning... What could be causing this?

Here are some pics from this yesterday's trip:

http://s703.photobucket.com/albums/ww38/matt_fargo/

trm2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oddly enough, the same two symptoms happened to me after an aggressive automated car wash managed to put water in my 2005 LR3. Poured into the passenger compartment from the bottom right of the center console. The suspension light was just brief; and briefly went on again when I hit a puddle on the way to the dealer. The check engine light was permanent. Dealership traced the codes to the fuel pump (of all odd things). Replaced it--and it has been a few weeks with no errors.

Auburn92

Reaction score
LR in its infinate wisdom put a wiring connection in the vicinity of your driver side rear tire. if you look behind the wheel into the undercarraige you should be able to see the connectors. Btw, they are not sealed or protected at all. I would recommend if you off road in water frequently, you apply a water dispersing paste over these connections.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Auburn, are you referring to the big bundle of wires behind the splash guard in the back? It is indeed in the vicinity of the rear tire, but it's nearly in the center of the vehicle. Is that what you're referring to?

Where would you apply such a paste? How would you gain access? I'm sort of hesitant to remove the splash shield....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99