Wet Okole LR3 Seat Cover Review...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pt109

Reaction score
They actually make seat covers for the LR3 - look in the gallery at the Wet Okole's web site. I emailed them pics of my seat and Nohemi verified with the "Pattern Manager" that patterns were available for the LR3. You should probably call them directly. One interesting note - if you look closely, the panels on the seat covers do not exactly align with the panels of the seat, but they still look good.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow...I just peeked back at this post to see when I installed these! 6 years ago. Well, I took them off last weekend. They were getting stained finally and the fabric on the drivers seat (the bead) was wearing....

...so, there is some great news about removing these covers after being on the car for 6 years. I HAVE LEATHER SEATS!!! Every time I get in now I feel like I just bought a new car! LOL And just in time for winter because that seat heater is so much more effective without the covers. Other benefit is in the time I have had the covers on, my leather hasn't worn a bit.

So, if you are interested. I do recommend the covers. I felt I got a lot of use out of them and were worth the money. But now that I took them off I am enjoying the look of the LR leather again. :)

cannonball55

Reaction score
Nice review, i've contemplated picking up a set but the install/remove time is what worries me and the initial cost.

would you be interested in selling your worn set? lol

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cannonball, you can have my worn set if you want it. I'll give it to you for the shipping costs and a six pack for my troubles! :)

Seriously, I did end up cutting 1 of the 3 straps on the lower seat because the buckle got caught in a support under the seat. You can get by without and/or rig something together easily enough to pull the sides together. But speak now or they go out in the garbage tonight!

I think they'd clean up most of the way with a quick soap and water wash in the driveway. In the end, though, buying a new set was well worth the cost. Didn't seem that much to me for a set of front seats. As I said in the initial review, though, once you put them on you won't be taking them off seasonally as I originally planned. (they were going to be summer covers)

So, you can have mine, but I think you are better off buying new unless your leather is trashed and you just need something to cover them.

stockyb50

Reaction score
Those seat covers look great!! My wife's LR3 needs them badly. I'll check out their site thank you I have been looking for weeks on line.

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those seat covers look great!! My wife's LR3 needs them badly. I'll check out their site thank you I have been looking for weeks on line.

You might like these too : http://www.melvillandmoonshop.com/d...r-pick-up-2-buckets-pre-2007.html#/color-sand

When I do get covers, it will be these.

As to a post above about the seat heater "working better without covers", well, that's because lr3 seat heaters totally suck in the first place. I have BMW covers in my E61 and the seat heats up WAY more evenly, hotter, and sustained than the lr3 could ever come close to doing.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You might like these too : http://www.melvillandmoonshop.com/d...r-pick-up-2-buckets-pre-2007.html#/color-sand

When I do get covers, it will be these.

As to a post above about the seat heater "working better without covers", well, that's because lr3 seat heaters totally suck in the first place. I have BMW covers in my E61 and the seat heats up WAY more evenly, hotter, and sustained than the lr3 could ever come close to doing.
What? Those are awful! Looks like something you'd throw on your seats if you worked at a horse farm. Sloppy loose canvas... Yech. :smile:

...I know, I know. We each have our own taste. As much of a pain as they were to put on, I liked the custom snug look of the Okales and that they were designed to handle moisture (absorb and then dry gracefully)

I haven't replaced them yet and am still enjoying my leather and seat heaters.

That said, a friend told me when his Wet Okales wore out, he just replaced the seat portion. Wish I would have thought of that since Wet Okale makes everything to order anyway.

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What? Those are awful! Looks like something you'd throw on your seats if you worked at a horse farm. Sloppy loose canvas... Yech. :smile:

...I know, I know. We each have our own taste. As much of a pain as they were to put on, I liked the custom snug look of the Okales and that they were designed to handle moisture (absorb and then dry gracefully)

I haven't replaced them yet and am still enjoying my leather and seat heaters.

That said, a friend told me when his Wet Okales wore out, he just replaced the seat portion. Wish I would have thought of that since Wet Okale makes everything to order anyway.

You sound like you don't know anything about canvas design. They aren't inherently "sloppy" or "loose" unless you mount them that way.

Well, for me there is something weird looking about the okales and "absorbing to dry out later" does not sound like fun to me. "Gracefully" sounds like some BS you made up but in reality it means they hold moisture, like a diaper... ;)

The canvas covers on my BMW have been on for 5 years/90,000 miles. They don't need removal. They are near new condition. Maybe that's what I like about the canvas. There's no seat heater reduction/alteration. They were of course cut to fit the seat shape but over time seem to fit better like a pair of jeans that change to fit better.

Last edited:

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL, totally understand.

In that picture they look kind of baggy. If they do the job and don't wear out, that's awesome!

For me, my main issue was getting into the truck wet (in swimsuit on beach) or snowcovered (hopping in with snowpants still on). I got tired of putting a towel down or having to care. The neoprene is designed to handle that task really nicely. Not sure how canvas would deal with a wet person on it, where the moisture would go, and if it would get back out easily if it ended up in the seat (not mildew).

However, when I someday get a new rover, I'm going to check those canvas covers out for the back seats, at a minimum. The kids destroy the seats!

I do have to say after having the WOs on for a number of years and getting into the car all kinds of sloppy wet, the seats underneath look as good as when I covered them. No stains from the covers or any indication that water sat on them when they shouldn't. So if anyone has that need, I give them a big thumbs up.

Cheers!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635